EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > How do I implement custom GFX's?
Page: << 1 >>
How do I implement custom GFX's?
Post #202963 How do I implement custom GFX's?

I know this seems like a very "noob" question, but it's something that just has me stumped. I've played EO for years, and ran a small server a long time ago, but it wasn't anything fancy. I'm developing a more detailed and independent server now, and am running into some problems. I know in order to have custom GFX's, I'll need a custom client (which i imagine isn't really anything special, just the EO files with the GFX files added into it.) As far as I know, I'll have to create a Custom item in the PUB files and assign the GFX number to it in order to have a "new" item. However, as far as viewing the GFX files, adding new things to it, limitations ect ect I'm just a bit lost. This seems like a question many have the answer to, so if anyone could help me out, as well as list some complications I may run into, that would be fantastic! 

7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202964 Re: How do I implement custom GFX's?

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/23955

This should help you out a lot.

A basic example as well is this: 

Find the difference from end to beginning of an item. Take that difference (I think it's 29 for armors, the topic I linked has an alternative way)

Say one ends at 2851, add 29 to that, that's where yours starts.

Find the armor before the one you added, in pub files, find that GFX ID, +1 it. 

Go into gfx 23, find the final item, find what that icon number is in your pub files, and +1 that, adding in the inv/drop view for your item.

That should set it.

I'm terrible with English, and with descriptions, so apologies if it sounded terrible.

7 years, 3 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > How do I implement custom GFX's?