EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Project Unity website warning
Page: << 1 >>
Project Unity website warning
Post #202887 Project Unity website warning

As of this post I have detected a script running on the Project Unity Web forum linked from the SLN. Essentially this is a fake "your computer / device has been infected" nonsense that you will need to close with task manager. To my knowledge the client download for Project Unity is clean and this is only a website issue. Script was visible via Android Google Chrome browser. Proceed with caution and someone please notify their team. My guess it is some free widget running on the page downloaded from who knows where.

7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202888 Re: Project Unity website warning

Thank you for posting this, Apollo. A community member has notified me of the issue and I am looking into it now. Certainly wish this had been brought to my attention at an earlier time.

After a running a security scan through my Forums, and browsing through Plugins, I have not been able to find anything relative to this. My guess is this is due to an ad banner on the Forums, opposed to anything actually relative to the Forums itself. 

7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202889 Re: Project Unity website warning

I would disable the ads if possible. Some free sites force them on you. If this is the case you should get a different Web host.

7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202890 Re: Project Unity website warning

I will be switching now that I see issues that can arise. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202895 Re: Project Unity website warning

Yeah... it's most likely the ad provider's fault. They have like no integrity these days.

---
Wish upon a star!
7 years, 6 weeks ago
Post #202896 Re: Project Unity website warning

Ad's are an absolute pain..  Definitely something having to do with ad's.

7 years, 6 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Project Unity website warning