EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Error building eoserv
Page: << 1 >>
Error building eoserv
Post #202817 Error building eoserv

I keep getting this error when trying to build eoserv. Rebuilding the project ends with no critical errors(edit:build still fails), but when I try to build this happens
-------------- Build: MYSQL in eoserv (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

mingw32-g++.exe -L"C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\include" -L"C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\lib" -o ..\eoserv.exe ..\obj\Release\tu\commands.o ..\obj\Release\tu\eoplus.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_1.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_2.o ..\obj\Release\tu\game_3.o ..\obj\Release\tu\handlers.o ..\obj\Release\tu\main.o ..\obj\Release\tu\sha256.o ..\obj\Release\tu\system.o  ..\obj\Release\project\winres.res -s  -lws2_32 -lwinmm -lmariadb
C:\Program Files\MariaDB\MariaDB C Client Library 64-bit\lib/libmariadb.dll: file not recognized: File format not recognized
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))
0 error(s), 0 warning(s) (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

I've checked the linking and everything seems to be linked correctly, I don't understand why I am getting this. Any help?

P.S - I've just noticed I posted it in wrong section, sorry! P.S.S - or did I?

---
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”― Albert Einstein
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202818 Re: Error building eoserv

You are linking to the dll file when you should be linking to the library file which will be either .a or .lib

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202821 Re: Error building eoserv

I'm not sure why you have that error, it may be that the linkage/setup of the project is incorrect. But I uploaded that specific dll file (libmariadb.dll). Maybe adding the dll will fix the problem. You can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8quRogvNKDFem5zNVNjVWl2WTg

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202823 Re: Error building eoserv

You don't compile dynamic libraries. Files ending in .dll essentially are used by the compiled work. You need to included the Maria library apparently. 

7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202826 Re: Error building eoserv

Actually, DLLs are dynamic linked libraries. And yes DLLs contain compiled code. If you are compiling your project you will need source files or byte code.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202832 Re: Error building eoserv
Shilo posted: (10th Mar 2017, 10:30 pm)

I'm not sure why you have that error, it may be that the linkage/setup of the project is incorrect. But I uploaded that specific dll file (libmariadb.dll). Maybe adding the dll will fix the problem. You can download it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8quRogvNKDFem5zNVNjVWl2WTg

So switching the .dll actually worked, but when I try to run eoserv.exe the following happens:

---
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”― Albert Einstein
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202837 Re: Error building eoserv

If you haven't done so, I suggest redoing the entire process from scratch, following this guide:

https://eoserv.net/wiki/Compiling_EOSERV

I don't think the guide is perfect, because I have had issues with compiling even after following the guide. But you shouldn't have the current issue you are having if you use that guide, and I am sure people can help you with other compile errors you might have with the above guide.

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202840 Re: Error building eoserv
Hacker_Alex posted: (11th Mar 2017, 03:54 am)

Actually, DLLs are dynamic linked libraries. And yes DLLs contain compiled code. If you are compiling your project you will need source files or byte code.

I don't know what fucking kind of correction that is supposed to be. DLL files are not compiled into the source code, nor should they be linked directly in the compiler. Libraries that reference a non-static include may need to be given, but not the DLL file itself. In this case, he is looking for a libmaria.lib or .a or w.e. file to compile this properly. Since the library is not a static build, it is necessary to include the external .dll file (which again should not be linked here). Don't confuse the newblets. Keep it simple please.
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202841 Re: Error building eoserv

Reinstalled MariaDB, relinked everything, recompiled, worked. Thanks for all the help.

---
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Error building eoserv