EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > New Maps, once again
Page: << 1 2 >>
New Maps, once again
Post #202759 New Maps, once again

Been getting more into mapping recently, these are just a few of my recent works for my server. Let me know what you think.

Edit: Perhaps I should add an island or some detail near the left side of the first map. Just now realized :P

7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202760 Re: New Maps, once again

That top map looks fun! Feels like Im going to battle a boss that lives in the water and can only be attacked by mages, and attacks using magic spells as well (well magic in technicality but could do anything like throw water or rocks at you or use tentacles)

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202764 Re: New Maps, once again

Getting better at mapping. No random bushes or trees in the water this time. Now you just need to work on all the open space in the maps. Large areas of dead map space looks bad. Especially when it's visible in game.

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202768 Re: New Maps, once again
PANDAMONIOM posted: (9th Mar 2017, 01:18 pm)

Getting better at mapping. No random bushes or trees in the water this time. Now you just need to work on all the open space in the maps. Large areas of dead map space looks bad. Especially when it's visible in game.

Well to be fair... it IS water...
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202778 Re: New Maps, once again

Updated version of the first map to close a bit of the open area.

7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202779 Re: New Maps, once again
Holystone posted: (9th Mar 2017, 05:23 pm)

These maps are good man, tbh I wouldn't worry to much about open water space on the edge of the maps since it's not really noticeable, it just looks bigger in the editor cause it's more zoomed out!

7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202781 Re: New Maps, once again

Just another thing to keep in mind, nothing is ever perfectly square/rectangular, especially when it comes to land (No, I'm not referring to you Minecraft). There are a couple areas where it looks a little too straight like that walkway in the middle of the first map.

Also, a note for your 2nd one. Not sure if you noticed it or not, or if it was the emf2png but there is water behind your island at the very top. You should just remove those 1-2 rows completely and/or make them the black edge tile so it appears that is not a part of the map. In that instance, make them edge tiles as well.

Edit: Also, keep in mind there ARE flower tiles for the grass in the gfx, just past the water ones. They help out quite a bit on any map.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202782 Re: New Maps, once again

The update looks good mate, except the random dead tree.

7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202798 Re: New Maps, once again
Misca posted: (9th Mar 2017, 05:54 pm)

Just another thing to keep in mind, nothing is ever perfectly square/rectangular, especially when it comes to land (No, I'm not referring to you Minecraft). There are a couple areas where it looks a little too straight like that walkway in the middle of the first map.

Also, a note for your 2nd one. Not sure if you noticed it or not, or if it was the emf2png but there is water behind your island at the very top. You should just remove those 1-2 rows completely and/or make them the black edge tile so it appears that is not a part of the map. In that instance, make them edge tiles as well.

Edit: Also, keep in mind there ARE flower tiles for the grass in the gfx, just past the water ones. They help out quite a bit on any map.

I know about the flower tiles, there are a lot of them used :P It may look lacking on the screenshot but ingame it already looks semi-cluttered. 
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202799 Re: New Maps, once again

LAmeeeeeeeee! You can't put octo in the water anymore..
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202800 Re: New Maps, once again
Hacker_Alex posted: (10th Mar 2017, 03:39 am)

It was meant as a starting area :P but thanks for that idea, maybe I'll made a map with that initial idea in mind and then it'll look even better
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202805 Re: New Maps, once again
Holystone posted: (10th Mar 2017, 03:46 am)

Hacker_Alex posted: (10th Mar 2017, 03:39 am)

It was meant as a starting area :P but thanks for that idea, maybe I'll made a map with that initial idea in mind and then it'll look even better

A starting map? It's really pretty btw. I think you're a really good mapper :P
---
I not hacker

7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202809 Re: New Maps, once again

Looks good man! ^^

---
Why am I still here...
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202811 Re: New Maps, once again

Viewing the maps again got me in the mood to give it a go. I only made the template cause I'm lazy when it comes to mapping.

If you want the map itself: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=63999481212989056546

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202812 Re: New Maps, once again

Personally, I think you should add a bit more detail in the water and on land both. On land, you could throw a few more trees and mushrooms next to those trees. Put a bit more dirt and flowers around the area. There are also object based flowers between 3 or 4 different colors (can't remember for sure) that can be put around as well. There are a ton of different sizes and shapes of trees of the same type/design that you can use. In the water, you could add a bit more cattails around, maybe some leaves here and there, but really only within 10 tiles of land (walkable areas). Due to the client not allowing you to see more than 10 tiles in any direction at the furthest, so there's no real point in adding any detail outside that range.

7 years, 3 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > New Maps, once again