EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Potential Malware Server or just me?
Page: << 1 >>
Potential Malware Server or just me?
Post #202585 Potential Malware Server or just me?

So I decided to download Project Unity, a new private server from http://www.mediafire.com/file/rc8r1o1i1j75x5r/Project+Unity.zip and decided to run it. After closing the game, rebooting my PC, can delete all the files except Project Utility.exe. Tried removing from Task Manager, access denied, Booted up into Safe Mode and was able to delete it then. Im Running on Windows 10

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202587 Re: Potential Malware Server or just me?

Programs can get tied up due to various reasons. You can try scanning it at Virus Total. 

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202588 Re: Potential Malware Server or just me?

As a rule I pretty much don't download anything from MediaFire...

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202589 Re: Potential Malware Server or just me?
Apollo posted: (25th Feb 2017, 05:12 am)

Programs can get tied up due to various reasons. You can try scanning it at Virus Total. 

Oh alright, thanks, I did, nothing really lit up aside 2 out of 57 virus scans which were 
CrowdStrike Falcon (ML) malicious_confidence_91% (W) 20170130
Ikarus Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Delf.bdl 20170224
but that was about it.
7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202590 Re: Potential Malware Server or just me?

About right for EO. You probably have a resource tied up preventing close, or the EO game client is being a dick. 

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202592 Re: Potential Malware Server or just me?

Either you're a complete fool, or you're simply trying to get a perfectly nice server shutdown. That server is completely clean and contains no malware. Don't try to ruin something for somebody.

Scanned it myself with Malwarebytes.

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202593 Re: Potential Malware Server or just me?

My Norton antivirus only removes the Map Files and other than that I know my antivirus likes to see things as Malaware when it isn't.  I say give the server a go. I enjoy it and its very well balanced. Really worth the try

---
~~ When life give you pasta, you eat it ~~
7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202594 Re: Potential Malware Server or just me?

Norton is utter shit. Virus Total is a pretty good tool for checking files. As I said before, 2 flags on Virus Total is normal for the EO client. If you are including eirc.exe, a lot of false positives will be triggered. While no one can guarantee a software doesn't contain code that is malicious or invasive and any program is use at your own risk, it seems that this is ok. If you feel scared just unpack their gfx and add in the official client.

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Potential Malware Server or just me?