Page: << 1 2 >>
My swamp map
Post #202549 Re: My swamp map
Acemasta posted: (21st Feb 2017, 07:01 am)

Evoreclaimer posted: (16th Feb 2017, 03:46 am)

Wow looks great! I like how the lighter water shows how the depth changes. I'd love to see more from you and potentially be a regular on your server in the future! ;)

You're kidding, right? Like I'm not trying to diss this swamp map, because it's decent. I don't know if there's enough detail on the ground itself. However, the water change? I mean, I agree it helps to identify the depth change, but the lighter water should be the water closer to land, for one. Two, just blatantly leaving them changing the way they are is crappy. GRANTED, it is strictly because there are no water tiles to truly alternate between the two, however there are ways you can fix that.

Example (Old map that was originally used for Chibi EO):

I miss the Chibi EO project. I had high hopes for that. :(
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202552 Re: My swamp map
Nurd posted: (22nd Feb 2017, 08:19 pm)

Wow looks great! I like how the lighter water shows how the depth changes. I'd love to see more from you and potentially be a regular on your server in the future! ;)

You're kidding, right? Like I'm not trying to diss this swamp map, because it's decent. I don't know if there's enough detail on the ground itself. However, the water change? I mean, I agree it helps to identify the depth change, but the lighter water should be the water closer to land, for one. Two, just blatantly leaving them changing the way they are is crappy. GRANTED, it is strictly because there are no water tiles to truly alternate between the two, however there are ways you can fix that.

As did I. I still hope that one day the project can be revived. Mainly the thing holding the project back is not having a custom client. The original EO client is too difficult to truly create what it is we want to do with the game.
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202553 Re: My swamp map
Acemasta posted: (22nd Feb 2017, 11:17 pm)

As did I. I still hope that one day the project can be revived. Mainly the thing holding the project back is not having a custom client. The original EO client is too difficult to truly create what it is we want to do with the game.

Ethan's is open-source isn't it? You could probably work with his.
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202555 Re: My swamp map
Destiny posted: (23rd Feb 2017, 01:58 am)

Acemasta posted: (22nd Feb 2017, 11:17 pm)

Ethan's is open-source isn't it? You could probably work with his.

To be honest, I hadn't realized anyone was that far in creating a custom client, let alone one that's open source. Mostly everyone gives up after 2 days of working on it. This is mostly due to my being away from this community for a few years now, though, I guess. I could talk to the CEO devs and see if anything comes out of Ethan's client.

However, I wouldn't get your hopes up from that statement. I would say it's still unlikely to happen.

7 years, 9 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>