EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Map editing error....
Page: << 1 >>
Map editing error....
Post #202458 Map editing error....

I am editing map ID 19 (the snow area) and when I try to load it with the map editor I get Invalid file/ failed read/seek:c:\users\mypc\maps\00019.emf -- 194 so far I have only enountered this problem withthis map :/ any idea why?

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202463 Re: Map editing error....

My assumption is you're missing tile/object/wall piece 194. Maybe copy over the EO GFX once again and retry.

7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202464 Re: Map editing error....

That worked! Thank you so much it is nice that the community on here is so helpful!

---
Graphics Designer.
7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202465 Re: Map editing error....

I made a mistake of opening the wrong map file and telling her that it was fixed. So the problem is still there.

We have tried copying over all of our gfx files from the Client "gfx" directory to the "EOserv Map Editor/gfx" directory. So the gfx files are in sync, but the error still occurs.

The map (#19) also works in-game too. So I assume the problem isn't caused by the files in the "gfx" directory.

Any other clues that could up would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the error message:

Here's the map in question:

http://www.shilocity.com/site/sharex/00019.emf

Side-question:

You said "My assumption is you're missing tile/object/wall piece 194.".

From my experience, the resource file IDs don't match up with the "gfx" IDs used by Endless Online. Is there a way we can figure out what tile/object/wall #194 is?

Thank you!

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202467 Re: Map editing error....

i think you can open the gfx in resource hacker and look at #194

i think lol

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202473 Re: Map editing error....

We ended up fixing it by opening the map in EOSEP and going into the Unknown tiles and deleting those from the map file this allowed us to load the map, I haven't noticed any missing tiles after opening the map either.. but at least its working!

---
Graphics Designer.
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202477 Re: Map editing error....
Shilo posted: (14th Feb 2017, 10:15 pm)

I made a mistake of opening the wrong map file and telling her that it was fixed. So the problem is still there.

We have tried copying over all of our gfx files from the Client "gfx" directory to the "EOserv Map Editor/gfx" directory. So the gfx files are in sync, but the error still occurs.

The map (#19) also works in-game too. So I assume the problem isn't caused by the files in the "gfx" directory.

Any other clues that could up would be greatly appreciated!

Here's the error message:

Here's the map in question:

http://www.shilocity.com/site/sharex/00019.emf

Side-question:

You said "My assumption is you're missing tile/object/wall piece 194.".

From my experience, the resource file IDs don't match up with the "gfx" IDs used by Endless Online. Is there a way we can figure out what tile/object/wall #194 is?

Thank you!

"From my experience, the resource file IDs don't match up with the "gfx" IDs used by Endless Online. Is there a way we can figure out what tile/object/wall #194 is?"

I've had numerous errors regarding number errors, and it has always been due to me mistyping things. 
For example: I had "Cannot load tile: 3/206" which would mean GFX file 3, and # 206, as tile and object resource IDs are all in numerical order with no jumping, they all properly line up. A simple ID change for me fixed it (I had 205, and 207, but no 206.)

Tile/object/wall ID 194 should be Resource ID 194. 

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202486 Re: Map editing error....
MezPez9358 posted: (15th Feb 2017, 06:30 am)

We ended up fixing it by opening the map in EOSEP and going into the Unknown tiles and deleting those from the map file this allowed us to load the map, I haven't noticed any missing tiles after opening the map either.. but at least its working!

I figured it was this. The map reading code I based my client's map reading code on has a bug in how it reads Unknown tiles, and Map 19 (AFAIK) is the only map that has Unknown(s) on it. I can't remember what the fix was in my client but if you don't have access to source code, then deleting the Unknowns from the map itself is the easiest way around it.

Not sure if EOMap uses similar code but given that it fails specifically for Unknowns, I'd say the chances are good :)

Edit: It looks like the code I had ported from was trying to read 5 bytes per Unknown. There are only 4 bytes per Unknown, so that was the whole fix. Here's the diff:

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202487 Re: Map editing error....

Here is the fixed executable. Drop it into the folder where you have the original eomap.exe:

http://www.apollo-games.com/eomap3.exe

You're welcome :)

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202488 Re: Map editing error....

@ethanmoffat

Thank you very much for all the knowledge! Very helpful.

I am also really interested in your open source client. When I get extra time, I would love to contribute to your project.

@Apollo

Thank you very much for the quick fix! It worked. :) You both rock.

Edit:

I'd like to make a few bug reports with the new version (0.3.2 alpha):

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/23917#post202490

@Others

Thank you so much for the help. :)

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Map editing error....