EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Pixel Question
Page: << 1 2 >>
Pixel Question
Post #202430 Re: Pixel Question

yea that looks way better. I need a lot of practice FRUSTRATING!!!!

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202431 Re: Pixel Question

Some of these look pretty good for a beginner! You are really creative with the designs, keep it up! xD

Here's my thoughts on each design you've posted:

There's a lot of issues with this one. Most important would be that it has full black(000000) in it, this color is transparent ingame. Other than that, your outline is lighter than the shadow, outline should almost always be the darkest color you use. You seem to throw the highlights around randomly not following any light source. The design on his chest goes all the way over his shoulder pad and his gloves. I think you need to throw in more shades between the highlight and your base color, when looking at the design fully zoomed out I can only see the highlights. Here's kind of a similar armor I made for FE, to give you a reference of where you can improve: image.

The sword has a really interesting design, and it's probably the best thing you put together. I would suggest giving it a outline and possibly adding some anti-aliasing (look up a tutorial) to polish it. On the frame displayed on character I don't really get the light effect, I'd probably get rid of it considering it can't be animated. This frame also needs to be polished a lot, your rotating seems to have made it messy.

This is a solid outcome for a beginner. You seem to use a lot of random pixel generated textures just to fill in some spots, like the pants here. I like the shoulders, keep it simple and keep the pixels organized xD. There's potential in those pants you're just killing it with the texture. I like where you were going with the very bottom of the pants, but the right leg (our view) should have a lower legging than the left one, because of the isometric angle, the right leg is longer than the left one. The cape seems again like another texturing job and not thinking much about where to place highlights, those 2 highlights below his arm definitely don't fit there considering the arm should be casting shadow there. The back view is just repetitive texture instead of actual folds. Here's a back view of a cloak I made for FE: image.

I see that you used forest robe for the tabard part and archery for pants, I think this is a good idea so you can work with something that properly follows a lightsource, working with it I'm sure will give you an idea on how to do the shading of your next armors. The issue I'm seeing here is that your grey colors contrast doesn't match with the contrast of the tabard. The outline of the grey color is too light compared to the tabard and the colors are too similar.

Here's my take on the colors:

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202432 Re: Pixel Question

thanks a lot n I will try to make them right but a lot of what you are saying is hard for me to picture I'm sure in time I will be better.an lol I was wondering if anyone would notice the forest robes this was the very first pixel I did I copied it from forest actually I just recolored forest an added shouder pads. and just like in the guide shading is the hardest for me I even go to other pixels to  see how its done an still, what you see is the best I could make, an I was proud of the sword the first image I made was the inventory an that one sprite (I believe that's what its called) took me 2 hours an the sword was originally twice the size it should have been an I was so upset that, instead of recreaturing it smaller I just did the box thing an used the arrows to make it smaller so it would fit in the 67x83 sheet. I know lazy but I was upset that I made it to big. I actually tried putting it in my game as it was an wasn't on the character right. I need to take classes on pixeling. I honestly don't have any motivation to make any progress on my game til I can pixel an make game right pixels. I just don't know what to do on my game until I can make at least 30 percent of the items my own to claim. I don't want to make another server with just eo based items but thanks a lot for the time you took to look at my pixels an the armors I saw of your I really hope I will be able to make something like those. Really there awesome. I wish I could be able to come to a point in my game, say to myself this is what would make my game even better, then be able to create it an be proud to add it

http://imgur.com/a/uUgK3

Check this one out stava cant tell on my shading I tried to look at your armor but I couldn't do it like yours

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Pixel Question