EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Works but wont take item from me an give reward
Page: << 1 >>
Works but wont take item from me an give reward
Post #202207 Works but wont take item from me an give reward

Main

{

questname "Sick Man"

version 1.0

}

State begin

{

desc "Talk to Sick Man"

action AddNpcText(1, " *Cough* Excuse me Kid ");

action AddNpcText(1, "Could you help me get rid of some of these Coughing Crows they are making me sick");

action AddNpcInput( 1, 1, "Im on it");

action AddNpcInput( 1, 2, "no thanks");

rule InputNpc(1) goto kill

rule InputNpc(2) goto return

}

State kill

{

desc "Kill Coughing Crow"

action AddNpcText(1, "thank *Cough* you so much,[name]");

action AddNpcText(1, "Please Kill 30 Coughing Crow");

rule KilledNpcs(1, 30) goto return

}

State return

{

desc "Talk to Sick Man"

action AddNpcText(1, "Great Job");

action AddNpcText(1, "Now can you kill 30 Infected Rats");

rule TalkedToNpc(1) goto kill1

}

State kill1

{

desc "Kill 30 Infected Rats"

rule KilledNpcs(2, 30) goto return1

}

State return1

{

desc "Talk to Sick Man"

action AddNpcText(1, "Wow thats a big Help Thanks");

action AddNpcText(1, "Now if you could kill the Mutant Blob. I Think it started spreading the germs in the first place. Be sure to bring plenty of Fruit hes strong.");

rule TalkedToNpc(1) goto kill2

}

State kill2

{

desc "Kill Mutant Blob"

rule KilledNpcs(3, 1) goto return2

}

State return2

{

desc "Talk to Sick Man"

action AddNpcText(1, "You killed him already i dont believe you proof it bring me the mutant charm it");

rule TalkedToNpc(1) goto return3

}

State return3

{

desc "Bring Mutant Charm"

rule GotItems(233,1) goto give

rule InputNpc(3) goto end

}

State give

{

desc "Talk to Sick Man"

action AddNpcText(1, "hand it over please so i can be healed");

action AddNpcInput( 1, 3, "here take it");

action AddNpcInput( 1, 4, "no way its to rare ");

action GiveItem(233,1);

rule LostItems(233, 1) goto end

}

State end

{

desc "Talk to Sick Man for Reward"

action RemoveItem(233 , 1);

rule LostItems(233, 1) goto reward

}

State reward

{

action ShowHint("You Been Rewarded!!");

action RemoveItem(233, 1);

action GiveItem(1, 250);

action GiveItem(2, 15);

action GiveEXP(3000);

action End();

}

State reset

{

action Reset();

}

stops working after here take item

so after messing with this quest for servaral hours trying to get it right now when I spawn item 233 to inventory it crashes game lol I'm so freaking annoyed with quest I just don't understand them

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202208 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward

Check out the EO Plus quest writer I think it will help you out https://app.box.com/shared/7dztilmtns/0/60870501

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202209 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward
insomniac posted: (23rd Jan 2017, 03:11 am)

Check out the EO Plus quest writer I think it will help you out https://app.box.com/shared/7dztilmtns/0/60870501

I don't recommend this. It is a cheap gimmick app that simply fills in quest text. My Notepad++ is a much better tool as it actually contains tool tips and highlights syntax. No quest writer has been developed to contain logic. 
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202211 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward
Apollo posted: (23rd Jan 2017, 12:08 pm)

I don't recommend this. It is a cheap gimmick app that simply fills in quest text. My Notepad++ is a much better tool as it actually contains tool tips and highlights syntax. No quest writer has been developed to contain logic. 

Right on I was just trying to push him in a helpfull direction instead of posting new threads for each quest syntax issue.
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202212 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward

A cheap gimmick app that fills in quest text is what most need lol. For beginners getting started with EOplus and the syntax, to not have to worry about semicolons and parentheses and names of functions is a good way to get started.
---
stay tuned.
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202213 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward
andrewbob1 posted: (23rd Jan 2017, 04:21 pm)

A cheap gimmick app that fills in quest text is what most need lol. For beginners getting started with EOplus and the syntax, to not have to worry about semicolons and parentheses and names of functions is a good way to get started.

Beginners definitely need to stay away from the app. Logic rules that can result in server crashing infinity loops can easily be generated by text generators. A good example is GotItem and LostItem. These rules if placed improperly can create an infinity loop that will lock EOSERV. Sausage does have a recursion check in place, however it only checks when EOSERV boots up and not during the $request function. Knowing how to write in EO+ is quite a bit more important than using a doit4me program by far. The plug-in I made for notepad++ does just that, but with auto-complete, syntax highlighting, tool tips while entering variables for actions / rules, and collapsing quest states. Sorry, but I feel something that somewhat explains things as you use it is far more beneficial that blindly clicking the make it happen button. 
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202214 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward
Apollo posted: (23rd Jan 2017, 06:58 pm)

Beginners definitely need to stay away from the app. Logic rules that can result in server crashing infinity loops can easily be generated by text generators. A good example is GotItem and LostItem. These rules if placed improperly can create an infinity loop that will lock EOSERV. Sausage does have a recursion check in place, however it only checks when EOSERV boots up and not during the $request function. Knowing how to write in EO+ is quite a bit more important than using a doit4me program by far. The plug-in I made for notepad++ does just that, but with auto-complete, syntax highlighting, tool tips while entering variables for actions / rules, and collapsing quest states. Sorry, but I feel something that somewhat explains things as you use it is far more beneficial that blindly clicking the make it happen button. 

Apollo is correct that no questwriter program exists that will actively help users avoid *logic* errors, and that is an important point that users of the existing app should keep in mind when creating quests. Of course, the same can be said of using Notepad++ with the plugin, which is my preferred method.

Both methods do similar things, and of course neither really hold the user's hand in terms of understanding *how* the EOPlus engine will understand and handle what they've written. 

It might be beneficial if there was a more comprehensive writeup of how state progression occurs (and in some cases does not occur where expected) even in the most recent revisions of EOSERV.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202215 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward
Cirras posted: (23rd Jan 2017, 08:17 pm)

Apollo posted: (23rd Jan 2017, 06:58 pm)

Apollo is correct that no questwriter program exists that will actively help users avoid *logic* errors, and that is an important point that users of the existing app should keep in mind when creating quests. Of course, the same can be said of using Notepad++ with the plugin, which is my preferred method.

Both methods do similar things, and of course neither really hold the user's hand in terms of understanding *how* the EOPlus engine will understand and handle what they've written. 

It might be beneficial if there was a more comprehensive writeup of how state progression occurs (and in some cases does not occur where expected) even in the most recent revisions of EOSERV.

Agreed, I had to learn it through the guide provided by Apollo, and in-game trial and error / experimentation, once the logic is understood however, using a simple notepad works just fine.

As there is no real need for indentation etc other than cosmetics, I figure people should just make use of the guide and try stuff on a test realm or something! 

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202217 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward

well I tried it an requested quest 1 on it still no luck. See my problem with writing quest is the lack of knowledge of the proper actions/rules knowing where and what is needed to excute the proper code to function the quest. Ive looked over many quest an some quest I see in State Begin they will have 2 rules and some will have one rule I don't understand that an I'm sure there is a purpose in it I need like a guide so to speak a definition of each action an rule. I sound dumb to you all more then likely an yes I probably post more then most but from where I sit I cant progress in my game until I have quests. So I can try my best to balance the reward with the next map. My quest 1 kill 30 crows,30 rats,1 blob I can get it to work then when I want to add in the getting of the item to finish the quest is where it messes up. I cant figure it out, Now for some reason I have wrote the whole quest got it to work with bugs in it like when you finish an complete the quest you can keep clicking on the npc an he will keep rewarding you I couldn't get that to stop. I had action end an reset t the end of the quest thought that would prevent any furthering of that quest npc.

this message will probably sound jiberish to most if not all I'm not the best at explaining myself but thanks to you all for comments. But Apollo and Cirras I know are how to say very well decorated in making servers an I try to follow what yall post thanks I wont give up but if there is a guide to writing quest if I could get that link it'd be awesome much love your truly Playko lol

already found the guide it is on the post above mine lol should have read all post before posting

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202227 Re: Works but wont take item from me an give reward

Your RemoveItem is set as an action. Change it to a rule and your quest will work fine.

Edit

People here tend to argue over whats the best system to use rather than actually giving an answer, and it leaves the OP stuck. Sure, a learning experience but help is nice too. This could have been resolved in Insomniac's comment, but nobody looked at it.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Works but wont take item from me an give reward