EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > How to make NPC's make sounds?
Page: << 1 >>
How to make NPC's make sounds?
Post #202048 How to make NPC's make sounds?

When they get hurt, when they walk around, when they attack, it would be cool if they made unique noises. I feel like it could make the game a lot more nostalgic than it already is if all the NPC's had sounds.

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202049 Re: How to make NPC's make sounds?

One quick way to do this is to use the character::PlaySound function and just insert character->PlaySound(id) where ever NPC: act, walk, attack, die, etc. You could make a configuration file so your sounds are not hard coded.

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202051 Re: How to make NPC's make sounds?

It would be pretty repetitive with the amount and speed you attack in this game, but it would be interesting to have it tied to the random NPC text and or have it happen either when you first attack it and after that it's random or something like that. I really like the idea though and I think it's an easy way to add a level of immersion.

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202054 Re: How to make NPC's make sounds?

nostalgia is the old stuff, I think you mean it'd create a new memory for people, or a new way to remember eo by

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > How to make NPC's make sounds?