EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Reducing lag on my server?
Page: << 1 >>
Reducing lag on my server?
Post #201838 Reducing lag on my server?

When I started my server it was normal for people to hit about 30-120ms, and me about 6-40. Now people are hitting 250-600 regular. How can I reduce this lag again?

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201839 Re: Reducing lag on my server?

get a better VPS perhaps? 

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201840 Re: Reducing lag on my server?

Are you using the vps for other things? Or just using it in general? I found my old windows vps used to start lagging after I'd been using for awhile, it'll settle down after about an hour of me getting off it tho.. but I don't know the reason why sorry..

I wouldn't say get a better vps until you know the problem, not worth paying more than you need to it you can fix it yourself right?

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201842 Re: Reducing lag on my server?

Is your server a custom build? I have seen alot of things impact the ping but the most common for me is a map overloaded with objects "npc's items and effects".

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #202016 Re: Reducing lag on my server?

do a ping to your VPS as well as a possible ping from your VPS to a random server to see if it's the VPS with bad connection. then complain to your VPS provider.

If it's not any of that then, what can cause high ping is AOE spell effects, (spell effects consume a ton of bandwidth)

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 17 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Reducing lag on my server?