EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Insomniac's Rev?
Page: << 1 >>
Insomniac's Rev?
Post #201452 Insomniac's Rev?

I remember he had a rev he released that was almost as good as EOSource. Anyone have a link to it?

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201454 Re: Insomniac's Rev?

I think that rev is quite old now, like 3-4 years old.. I'm sorry to keep repeating myself in different topics but it really is worth getting a newer rev and adding the code yourself. Most of the codes you'll (most likely) want are around this site somewhere and it should be easy to convert it to the newer style.

Not only will you have a more feature complete rev, but the older revs have alot of known bugs which players will exploit at any chance possible!

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201457 Re: Insomniac's Rev?

I'm not 100% sure on this well if its the same trunk you want but i think it is! http://www.mediafire.com/file/93hpgdhldod6p2f/Insomniac%27s+Trunk+r189%28SQLITE%29.zip

Its old and buggy but you might be able to find some decent stuff in there.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201461 Re: Insomniac's Rev?

Wow, r189? Looking at tons of memory leaks and various bugs that may lead to a crash. I agree, strip it of anything that might be useful but don't use it as your server.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201463 Re: Insomniac's Rev?
Apollo posted: (15th Nov 2016, 03:33 pm)

Wow, r189? Looking at tons of memory leaks and various bugs that may lead to a crash. I agree, strip it of anything that might be useful but don't use it as your server.

Agreed. I used a rev 189 forever once I switched to new source I was like wow you can feel the difference in alot of ways. Alot of bug fixes and it runs smoother the only crashes/bugs  I experience are in the new code I add so its very easy to debug.

I think that is the first reversion I worked on so there is alot of garbage code 100's of buggy lines I can remake in about quater of the size now so make sure to look over everything through and only add a little code at a time so you can debug.
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Insomniac's Rev?