EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Eoserv Wishlist!
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Eoserv Wishlist!
Post #201504 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Evildark posted: (17th Nov 2016, 01:49 pm)

damis posted: (17th Nov 2016, 01:33 pm)

callum posted: (17th Nov 2016, 02:27 am)

damis posted: (17th Nov 2016, 01:27 am)

Lmao. FE is able to do all of these... how can't the other servers?

Lmao you said that like it was a huge achievement.. I'm sure there's other servers that can do these 4 small things.

Ontopic: I may be wrong here, but from what I remember elevations used to pay some of the decent coders in the community for such features. (I think Addison made the pet code?) So yeah, not everyone is willing to pay for codes I guess.

Not at all. It's just people have to ask about it and people are acting like it's an impossible task, yet it has already been done.

edit: and as far as my post looks, it looks like I'd be implying over anything that Elevations is an idiot, and if it can be done on his server, it can be done on any with ease. Though that's not the case either.

I need to work on wording so people don't misinterpret. lol.

Why are you bashing Elevations? Oh right, it's the "cool" thing to do on here and you want to be liked by people you deem "popular" on a forum for a dead game, and wiggers. It's really pathetic and you should stop and reevaluate your life. You're the type of person that'll start praising him if the entire community started to praise him.

On-topic: Many of these codes would be ok for Eoserv, but that isn't the problem. The problem is that you all don't advertise outside of the Endless-Online community. You come here or go to Eosource to try to advertise and by then, the people you are trying to recruit are already comfortable in another server. Ex: Fallen evolution, EE, Bones, Ect.

None of these features would do jack squat if you don't advertise outside of your comfort zone. Try getting some outside recruiters to recruit people to your server and try to stay away from the normal E-O players to avoid the almighty Ddos attacks. Then and only then should you focus on these "extra" (and by extra, I mean features that wouldnt make or break the game) features. One more thing. To really have a successful server, keep the shit off of these shitty slns because there's alot of immature, jealous twats that'll get mad and sabotage. I know I went a little bit off topic, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

I did not bash Elevations. I said what I wrote would be implying he's stupid, but that's not the case, and I'm not implying that.

7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201515 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Zack posted: (18th Nov 2016, 12:58 am)

It's just beyond me how you guys continue to argue over these things. Elevations, I can't believe you still have FE online. It's extremely pathetic to have anything to do with Endless Online anymore. You need to move on with your life.

I apologize for the shitpost.

I'm pretty sure FE makes profit.. so, why would he stop running it? If it makes him money then I see no reason to discontinue it.
---
stay tuned.
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201517 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
andrewbob1 posted: (18th Nov 2016, 06:01 pm)

It's just beyond me how you guys continue to argue over these things. Elevations, I can't believe you still have FE online. It's extremely pathetic to have anything to do with Endless Online anymore. You need to move on with your life.

I'm pretty sure FE makes profit.. so, why would he stop running it? If it makes him money then I see no reason to discontinue it.

Don't get me wrong. The players of FE are at fault too lol.
---
The good times are killing me.
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201519 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Zack posted: (18th Nov 2016, 10:18 pm)

andrewbob1 posted: (18th Nov 2016, 06:01 pm)

Don't get me wrong. The players of FE are at fault too lol.

Most of them are prob kids, dont see how you can knock a mans hustle. If someone is making money off something as harmless as an online 2D game I dont think its anywhere near pathetic.
---
Siggy
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201522 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

Lets try and at least get this half back on topic. Not really an EOServ addition but a whole EO addition; I've always wanted an individual map tile update packet. This would be awesome for so many new game features such as resource gathering (mining, tree chopping etc). Sadly without a new client this isn't possible.

One thing we talked about when the Halloween raid was being developed was traps/mines etc. There is no reason you couldn't drop a "trap" item on the floor and if an NPC (or even player in PvP) walks over it it could explode or freeze them for a while.

Let's talk about the "Summoner" class. Imagine if the only way to spawn a boss such as Apozen was if 4 Summoner class players performed a ritual (idk maybe stand in a circle and all drop required items in the centre) and this could only happen within a few mins of every hour.. Maybe marked by a quake on the map.

Passive "proc'ed" skills (to replace the pretty useless spells). I'd work this as follows: In the accessory (crystal) slot of your paperdoll, each crystal enables a passive skill. Your TP bar rests at 0. As you do damage your TP slowly rises. Once it reaches max the passive skill triggers. Skills could include an AoE fire spell that hits all NPC within a few blocks of you. A "blink" that teleports you to the other side of the NPC you're hitting to avoid damage and get the back hit bonus for a few hits. A heal.. All kinds of cool things could happen. When you're not causing damage the TP bar should slowly drain back to 0.

I have so many silly little game mechanic ideas for EO. I've spent way to much time playing with a test server to see what is possible it's not even fun anymore =P

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201523 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Sordie posted: (20th Nov 2016, 02:29 pm)

Lets try and at least get this half back on topic. Not really an EOServ addition but a whole EO addition; I've always wanted an individual map tile update packet. This would be awesome for so many new game features such as resource gathering (mining, tree chopping etc). Sadly without a new client this isn't possible.

One thing we talked about when the Halloween raid was being developed was traps/mines etc. There is no reason you couldn't drop a "trap" item on the floor and if an NPC (or even player in PvP) walks over it it could explode or freeze them for a while.

Let's talk about the "Summoner" class. Imagine if the only way to spawn a boss such as Apozen was if 4 Summoner class players performed a ritual (idk maybe stand in a circle and all drop required items in the centre) and this could only happen within a few mins of every hour.. Maybe marked by a quake on the map.

Passive "proc'ed" skills (to replace the pretty useless spells). I'd work this as follows: In the accessory (crystal) slot of your paperdoll, each crystal enables a passive skill. Your TP bar rests at 0. As you do damage your TP slowly rises. Once it reaches max the passive skill triggers. Skills could include an AoE fire spell that hits all NPC within a few blocks of you. A "blink" that teleports you to the other side of the NPC you're hitting to avoid damage and get the back hit bonus for a few hits. A heal.. All kinds of cool things could happen. When you're not causing damage the TP bar should slowly drain back to 0.

I have so many silly little game mechanic ideas for EO. I've spent way to much time playing with a test server to see what is possible it's not even fun anymore =P

I just finished 2 new item types grenades and timed explosives :D. Both were pretty simple. 1 new struct 1 timer 1 world function and 1 character variable and a small code snippet in the item handler its configurable via ini might just switch it to a pub option not quite sure yet.
I like the summoner class idea thats pretty neat I might give that a shot.
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201524 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

PLease make all those features and send them my way :P
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201528 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

Those are some of the types of features EO/eoserv definitely needs.
The traps/mine idea would be really cool to implement also.

It's always nice to hear this stuff, but it would be better to see some of it implemented and made available.
(Not that I'm saying you or anyone has any obligation..)
Too bad there's so few programmers around that want to spend the time, and/or share the code.

I'm shocked you get bored of testing EO related stuff.
I know SO MUCH less related to programming and EO client behaviour than you, and I don't get bored messing with stuff.
I don't think I could ever get bored. I guess I just love the learning experience, and nostalgia and style of EO. :d

Anyways.. Would love to see you work on and release some of these types of features in the future!

Insomniac: That's pretty cool. Glad to see you're still working on neat stuff like this. :)
Off topic: I still remember using your old rev from way back when you helped me out.
I haven't forgotten about the sprites you wanted done by the way, just been busy!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201533 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
shayne posted: (21st Nov 2016, 04:45 am)

Those are some of the types of features EO/eoserv definitely needs.
The traps/mine idea would be really cool to implement also.

It's always nice to hear this stuff, but it would be better to see some of it implemented and made available.
(Not that I'm saying you or anyone has any obligation..)
Too bad there's so few programmers around that want to spend the time, and/or share the code.

I'm shocked you get bored of testing EO related stuff.
I know SO MUCH less related to programming and EO client behaviour than you, and I don't get bored messing with stuff.
I don't think I could ever get bored. I guess I just love the learning experience, and nostalgia and style of EO. :d

Anyways.. Would love to see you work on and release some of these types of features in the future!

Insomniac: That's pretty cool. Glad to see you're still working on neat stuff like this. :)
Off topic: I still remember using your old rev from way back when you helped me out.
I haven't forgotten about the sprites you wanted done by the way, just been busy!

maybe I'll share  the code at some point it's nothing ground breaking but it adds a new tactic to the EO grind. The thing about the explosives is figureing out spam prevention which I made configurable at 5 down at 1 time It also doubles over so clients wont get bogged down or dced from 2 many effects on screen.

## ExplosiveItems ##
# Items with explosion effects
# MaxTimedExplosives(int) The amount of explosives a character can have placed at once
# ExplosiveId(int) Id of the item
# ExplosiveTossRange(int) Max distance the explosive can be tossed ---->
#ExplosiveTimer(int) Set > 0.0 to enable timed explosives
#ExplosiveRadius(int) Once thrown "ExplosiveTossRange(int)" the radius <-X-> the explosion will expand
#ExplosiveMaxDamage(int) Maximum damage this explosive will cause.. randomized (ExplosiveMaxDamage(int) != 0 ? ( ExplosiveMaxDamage(int) / 3) : 1,ExplosiveMaxDamage(int))
#ExplosiveEffectId(int) The "effect id..not spell id" that will happen when the explosive is used set to
#ExplosiveTargetEffectId(int) The "spell id..not effect id" that will happen when the explosive is used set to set to -1 to disable

7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #202006 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
arglon posted: (20th Nov 2016, 09:47 pm)

PLease make all those features and send them my way :P

you have a server argie! you can mess around and try adding code! you just need a build script for eoserv that auto builds and runs changes
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 17 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Eoserv Wishlist!