EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Eoserv Wishlist!
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Eoserv Wishlist!
Post #201433 Eoserv Wishlist!

Thinks I hope to see in the newer Revs of Eoserv:

Item Overlay(Opening a locker to put in 1 of each visible item to change over your current item appearance) This I believe is a huge priorty and would allow costumes to be rewarded and actually have a use rather then just sit in the locker.

Reward potions(Set an item that will boost a stat for a certain duration Ie. 500HP boost for 30mins)

Npc spells/chat(I know this has been done on eo clone but would love to see it in the open eoserv revs)

More quest features( Ie. Certain quests can only be done during a certain time of the day)

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201434 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

These may be better suited as Feature Requests on the bug tracker.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201435 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Cirras posted: (13th Nov 2016, 08:08 pm)

These may be better suited as Feature Requests on the bug tracker.

Didn't even know that was a thing :P ok thanks ^_^
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201437 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

Pretty sure the last two might happen, but the first two is hack bullshit you will have to make yourself. There are also active items in the bug tracker for NPC chat, but you could always check if something is there or not. Only 4 pages deep.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201438 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

Additional end-user features like this aren't really in the scope for EOSERV. The only goal is to get it to behave similarly to EO main, and to get the back-end / admin / moderation stuff as usable as possible.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201439 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Sausage posted: (13th Nov 2016, 10:06 pm)

Additional end-user features like this aren't really in the scope for EOSERV. The only goal is to get it to behave similarly to EO main, and to get the back-end / admin / moderation stuff as usable as possible.

Ya I figured that was the deal, But I figured there was time now to actually focus on more of those end game features that would boost player counts for the servers who actually use eoserv.
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201440 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Sausage posted: (13th Nov 2016, 10:06 pm)

What about the things that the main client supports but the server side itself didn't support it yet?
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201445 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

Also need to get marriages to work :(

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201446 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
arglon posted: (14th Nov 2016, 02:47 am)

Also need to get marriages to work :(

This one has been a feature request for the *longest* time. I'm still interested to see how Sausage does it, compared to the solution Hollow had.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201448 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

I don't think there's any client features that weren't used by the server, other than a few, afaik, unused packets such as spell effects on tiles. There's few things in the client, like passive skills and jobs, that appear to be present but aren't actually scripted at all. (Edit: guild disbanding was one feature not present on main that was implemented in EOSERV)

As for weddings, my plan is to just script it in with a hard-coded timer, nothing fancy. I delayed it for the reason I wanted to keep that kind of non-core stuff to external scripts, but that never ended up happening. Also weddings aren't really non-core anyway; there's a ton of native packets involved in the setup. It wouldn't really be worth developing flexibility just to control the dialog timings and effects at the end.

I appreciate people wanting additional features and stuff for their own server, but this is why it is open source. If I added every little thing someone might want the amount of features I'd end up maintaining for the few people who wanted them would become ridiculous. Plus, they'd stop being unique selling points for your own servers then.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201449 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Sausage posted: (14th Nov 2016, 08:01 am)

I don't think there's any client features that weren't used by the server, other than a few, afaik, unused packets such as spell effects on tiles. There's few things in the client, like passive skills and jobs, that appear to be present but aren't actually scripted at all. (Edit: guild disbanding was one feature not present on main that was implemented in EOSERV)

As for weddings, my plan is to just script it in with a hard-coded timer, nothing fancy. I delayed it for the reason I wanted to keep that kind of non-core stuff to external scripts, but that never ended up happening. Also weddings aren't really non-core anyway; there's a ton of native packets involved in the setup. It wouldn't really be worth developing flexibility just to control the dialog timings and effects at the end.

I appreciate people wanting additional features and stuff for their own server, but this is why it is open source. If I added every little thing someone might want the amount of features I'd end up maintaining for the few people who wanted them would become ridiculous. Plus, they'd stop being unique selling points for your own servers then.

I just would like to see all servers using more updated features so it would bring more people back to the entire community :) a few features like overlays or custom potions would be huge
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201468 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

I've done the overlay thing before, chest interface and all. I'd share the code, but its so inlaid in the server I can't remember every system I had tied to it. However I can share my source if you want to dig through it.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201472 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!
Ryouken posted: (16th Nov 2016, 07:02 am)

I've done the overlay thing before, chest interface and all. I'd share the code, but its so inlaid in the server I can't remember every system I had tied to it. However I can share my source if you want to dig through it.

I did something with NPC chat too for my own server (it's been on the todo list for a while). Again, super tightly coupled to a lot of different areas, so its hard to extract just the relative info (I think I mostly forget how the config file stuff works). I think NPC chat was pretty easy overall though.
---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201475 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

UI/HUD display of map id and xy location without having to #loc every 5 seconds. Not really game breaking.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201477 Re: Eoserv Wishlist!

Lmao. FE is able to do all of these... how can't the other servers?

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Eoserv Wishlist!