EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Page: << 1 2 >>
Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Post #201465 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

@Sordie that's a cool idea but is there enough people for that to work? I'd imagine with most servers having around 10 players it'd be nice to chat to each other xd.

But anyway here's a basic release guys, It's nothing special but if you want anything extra added you can always post below or inbox me and I'd be happy to help. Some of the code is a little longer than I wanted but yeah it works and I'm happy with how configurable it is!

RaceWars Link

So far it has:

- Race specific PK settings (choose which races can kill each other)

- Options to block interracial trades.

- Prizes for killing other races.

It's all in the PK.ini (config/pk.ini) and should be farely easy to use. Like I said, it's not much so yeah.

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201466 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
callum posted: (15th Nov 2016, 08:07 pm)

@Sordie that's a cool idea but is there enough people for that to work? I'd imagine with most servers having around 10 players it'd be nice to chat to each other xd.

But anyway here's a basic release guys, It's nothing special but if you want anything extra added you can always post below or inbox me and I'd be happy to help. Some of the code is a little longer than I wanted but yeah it works and I'm happy with how configurable it is!

RaceWars

So far it has:

- Race specific PK settings (choose which races can kill each other)

- Options to block interracial trades.

- Prizes for killing other races.

It's all in the PK.ini (config/pk.ini) and should be farely easy to use. Like I said, it's not much so yeah.

Good stuff man. After seeing this topic a few times I started a little code to make different npc types react to each other if they get in range EX: dog->cat->mouse :D so far Im just testing on passive and aggressive npc types but I would like to expand it to make it configurable via config or pub option!
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201573 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

maybe make it so you can start as a skeleton or panda as well as different spawn areas for different races?

i think that would be cool :p

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201574 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Diablo posted: (29th Nov 2016, 04:25 pm)

maybe make it so you can start as a skeleton or panda as well as different spawn areas for different races?

i think that would be cool :p

Think it's the client that stops you making characters panda/fish/skele. But you could always do it with a quest in the spawn map?
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201575 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

You can use Sordie's EOSkin Addon then in your eoserv config change create max skins to 6. If you dont want to use her addon you can hex edit the client (I dont know what value you would edit though).

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201576 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

You would need Ollydbg to hex edit the client. It is a bit tricky and you can seriously break client functionality if you don't know what you are doing. I would tell you exactly what to edit, but it has been many years since I did that. Also, the skin color box for the fish race is a down arrow due to unplanned support for it which is kinda ugly. It would probably be simpler for most people to put a quest up on a pre-starting map that allowed for race selection before moving into the game.

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #202009 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Sordie posted: (15th Nov 2016, 03:43 pm)

You should also have the option to ROT13 any text in talk packets being sent to another race.

"Gung jnl vg'f yvxr rnpu enpr unf vg'f bja ynathntr" =]

Maybe ROT- random , as ROT-13 is easily decipherable. OR, a random ROT for the sentence or parts of the sentece. Welp either way a computer can decipher it eventually... sigh.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #202020 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Hacker_Alex posted: (3rd Jan 2017, 08:28 pm)

Sordie posted: (15th Nov 2016, 03:43 pm)

You should also have the option to ROT13 any text in talk packets being sent to another race.

"Gung jnl vg'f yvxr rnpu enpr unf vg'f bja ynathntr" =]

Maybe ROT- random , as ROT-13 is easily decipherable. OR, a random ROT for the sentence or parts of the sentece. Welp either way a computer can decipher it eventually... sigh.

If it's that important that you don't want it to be decrypted, then you can just use PM
---
stay tuned.
7 years, 17 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?