EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Page: << 1 2 >>
Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Post #201382 Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

I want to remake a fantastic server I used to play called Orcs VS Humans. Does anybody know if any server revisions support this?

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201384 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

I actually have a custom revision that had race wars and lots of cool things with the race wars and contests, etc. that someone gave to me a long time ago. (probably 2 years ago)
I believe it was newguy but i'm not 100% sure. Once I get on my windows PC, I'll upload it for you.

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201386 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
andrewbob1 posted: (9th Nov 2016, 08:06 pm)

I actually have a custom revision that had race wars and lots of cool things with the race wars and contests, etc. that someone gave to me a long time ago. (probably 2 years ago)
I believe it was newguy but i'm not 100% sure. Once I get on my windows PC, I'll upload it for you.

Thanks, man. Yeah it was definitely Newguy. He was the one who made Orcs VS Humans server. I had the revision as well, but that was on an ancient computer that I've ridden a long time ago.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201389 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

It might be worth just using a new rev and coding the race wars features yourself. It'd be a lot more secure since the updated revs have so many bug patches.

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201394 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
callum posted: (9th Nov 2016, 09:23 pm)

It might be worth just using a new rev and coding the race wars features yourself. It'd be a lot more secure since the updated revs have so many bug patches.

If lolss could code at all he wouldn't need the revision handed to him. Regardless this will just be something else he'll give up on no doubt.
---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201396 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
PANDAMONIOM posted: (10th Nov 2016, 02:10 am)

If lolss could code at all he wouldn't need the revision handed to him. Regardless this will just be something else he'll give up on no doubt.

This is EOSERV though and there's plenty of coders in the community, all he'd need to do is ask and I'm sure there's a few people who'd code it out of boredom.

I'm gonna be a little busy this weekend, but if there's still need for the revision when I get home I'll happily code any features wanted and post the rev w/source^^ Just give a list of everything that's needed in the server.

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201397 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
callum posted: (10th Nov 2016, 02:20 am)

This is EOSERV though and there's plenty of coders in the community, all he'd need to do is ask and I'm sure there's a few people who'd code it out of boredom.

I'm gonna be a little busy this weekend, but if there's still need for the revision when I get home I'll happily code any features wanted and post the rev w/source^^ Just give a list of everything that's needed in the server.

I think it would be cool to have a rev solely with Race vs Race that is updated and or things that compliment it. I don't really have a huge interest in it other then messing around with it for fun, but I'm sure people would be really into something like that and or a PVP oriented rev.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201404 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
Colby posted: (10th Nov 2016, 03:13 am)

I think it would be cool to have a rev solely with Race vs Race that is updated and or things that compliment it. I don't really have a huge interest in it other then messing around with it for fun, but I'm sure people would be really into something like that and or a PVP oriented rev.

It was such a balanced PVP server. I loved it
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201405 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

I need to do more book learnins to be able to compulate the fuckin' code bubs

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201410 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

It is literally one line of code and setting PK to on.

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201443 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

Yeah, there's not many pvp servers about anymore which is a shame. But as Apollo said the code for racewars really is a:

&& character->race != from->race)

Added in the right spot. Maybe if you guys post some ideas I can make it into a small rev? I can't guarantee the best coding but I'll upload it with the source so you can edit how you see fit. Maybe something like:

Prizes for killing other races?

Being able to only heal your race in battle?

Maybe a toggle for admin to be immune from the racewars (I'm not sure if they can opt-out of PK anyway though)

Maybe a custom dialog or command to let players choose a race.(Probably best done through quests though, but it can be added)

Let me know what you guys think?

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201444 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?
callum posted: (14th Nov 2016, 01:30 am)

Yeah, there's not many pvp servers about anymore which is a shame. But as Apollo said the code for racewars really is a:

&& character->race != from->race)

Added in the right spot. Maybe if you guys post some ideas I can make it into a small rev? I can't guarantee the best coding but I'll upload it with the source so you can edit how you see fit. Maybe something like:

Prizes for killing other races?

Being able to only heal your race in battle?

Maybe a toggle for admin to be immune from the racewars (I'm not sure if they can opt-out of PK anyway though)

Maybe a custom dialog or command to let players choose a race.(Probably best done through quests though, but it can be added)

Let me know what you guys think?

Prizes for killing a certain race is a great start; a way you can expand upon that idea is to have the item drop race related, so you could do something as orcs drop orc ears, humans drop human ears and ect to keep it consistent. Healing your race only is also a great idea and you can take it a step further to being only able to trade your race so you can't fund different characters of different races on your account to make it unfair (Can get complicated with the drop mechanic, so maybe this step is a little to far for not a huge difference/outcome). Admins can use a command already I'm pretty sure to be immune to attacks, also it would make more sense to pick your race at the character creation screen in my opinion.

I think some personal opinions on what should be added is a bounty system, quest state to race lock quests (If not already) and racial bonuses(I think this might already be a feature in one of the config files).

7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201453 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

I'd enjoy a pvp server right now you should make one.

---
Siggy
7 years, 24 weeks ago
Post #201460 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

Just wanted to post again incase anyone was actually interested, I've done a little bit of work on a rev and will probably release it later when I get home!

I've tried making it as configurable as possible for those who can't code and for the ones who can, I'm sure you'll have fun tidying up or changing it! So far I've only got a small list but here it is:

Basic  race pvp (ofc) through configs:

# White race #0

WhiteRaceTargets = 1,2,3,4,5,6

Options to stop players trading other races:

## Cross Racial Trading

# Allows players of different races to trade

CrossRacialTrading = no

CrossRacialTradeMsg = You can't trade with enemy races!

And prizes for killing other races!

WhiteRaceReward = 1

WhiteRaceRewardAmount = 100

I'll post the rev later for who evers interested

7 years, 23 weeks ago
Post #201462 Re: Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?

You should also have the option to ROT13 any text in talk packets being sent to another race.

"Gung jnl vg'f yvxr rnpu enpr unf vg'f bja ynathntr" =]

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 23 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server revision that supports (Race VS Race)?