EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?
Page: << 1 >>
Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?
Post #201229 Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?

Is this possible? I want to make PK map where a player walks up to an NPC, and goes through a quest menu to basically "claim the map", and that will give them a cool title that's something like "Owner of Map Name", and then nobody else can click on that NPC until the owner of the map is killed by that particular person. Ill also have another feature where there will be chests that spawn good items, such as a weapon, and a good amount of gold, every "X" minutes, and then if you collect "X" amount of the weapon, you can craft an orb that will allow you to click the NPC and then re-own the map. The items should not spawn when the owner of the map is not online. This will force the owner of the map to bring him and his guild to the map when online to protect his title, and to continue looting the chests. Sick idea, right? 

So is it possible? 

AND, would it be possible for NPC's to attack everyone who enters the map except for the owner and his guild members? 

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201230 Re: Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?

It is possible. I've done plenty of more advanced stuff than that.

Code it. Try to avoid spaghetti.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201232 Re: Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?

I'm not sure if having just a single player being the one to own the map is such a good idea. Perhaps have it be a guild-based thing? The whole idea that the map can't be captured while the owner is offline doesn't sound good at all to me. You want gameplay to be compelling and constant, not at the mercy of someone who very well may decide to log off and never log back on again.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201234 Re: Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?

I guess you can create a variable most likely a map variable string map->owner "owner name" and use world->GetCharacter(std::string name) and world->CharacterExists(std::string name) to check for owner ship. I think at this point you are going to have to run  couple database queries if the owner is not online to check for their guild tag and then GetMember(std::string name) in the npc act to decide if the npc should attack.. if the owner doesnt have a guild there could be an issue.

7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201235 Re: Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?
insomniac posted: (31st Oct 2016, 09:52 am)

I guess you can create a variable most likely a map variable string map->owner "owner name" and use world->GetCharacter(std::string name) and world->CharacterExists(std::string name) to check for owner ship. I think at this point you are going to have to run  couple database queries if the owner is not online to check for their guild tag and then GetMember(std::string name) in the npc act to decide if the npc should attack.. if the owner doesnt have a guild there could be an issue.

That could easily be fixed by making a statement to clear the owner if he goes offline and is not in a guild. Maybe give him a 30 minute grace period in case of internet issues before the map becomes free for all, and then after that anyone can claim it.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201236 Re: Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?
Syran posted: (31st Oct 2016, 10:01 am)

insomniac posted: (31st Oct 2016, 09:52 am)

That could easily be fixed by making a statement to clear the owner if he goes offline and is not in a guild. Maybe give him a 30 minute grace period in case of internet issues before the map becomes free for all, and then after that anyone can claim it.

Yeah I'm not quite understanding if someone owns the map and goes offline if they will remain owner or not,in my opinion this can go 2 ways.The first is to clear the ownership if the owner logs out second is to assign it to another member in the guild maybe a rank thing. Oh and the majority of the functionality for the npc can be built with a quest script and just use settitle if they want to become the owner. If it is a temporary title you will need to create a temp_title variable and adjust the settitle synatax.
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #201238 Re: Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?
Syran posted: (31st Oct 2016, 09:07 am)

I'm not sure if having just a single player being the one to own the map is such a good idea. Perhaps have it be a guild-based thing? The whole idea that the map can't be captured while the owner is offline doesn't sound good at all to me. You want gameplay to be compelling and constant, not at the mercy of someone who very well may decide to log off and never log back on again.

True, thanks for your input. It's just a draft idea and once I actually try adding it I'm sure there'd be a few things that would need to be balanced
7 years, 22 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Temporary Titles When Player On Certain Map?