EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Page: << 1 >>
Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Post #201088 Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

Hi guys, allot of you don't know me, but I've been playing endless online for the last 10 years now, since seeing how low the player population has become, so dull and empty it's come to my mind that there must be a way to bring back/introduce new players to the game. No offense to the admins, but they are doing nothing at all to improve the play-ability of the game, So what i was hoping in doing is creating some sort of introduction video and spending $150 to $250 on Facebook sponsoring, (Yes i love the game that much!) Doing that i will be able to choose the audience that views the sponsor depending on age location and things they like on Facebook (example "games").

And no i'm not here to ask for donations to get it going, i will be spending it all from my own pocket.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this?

7 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #201090 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

I suppose Facebook is a decent platform for this, but your video would have to be fairly enticing to draw anyone in. I also suggest you target people who like relatively similar games to EO in your advertising like Runescape or Ragnarok.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #201091 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

This is sort of why im here, i was hoping someone could help me make the intro, since i have zero experience in video editing recording ect.... I can take care of the rest and credit of coarse will be given.

7 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #201093 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

Why cant we just let this shitty game die? leave it alone, Vult-r has all rights to it, he could destroy this whole thing we have going at any minute if he really wanted to, no reason to fucking advertise it and get a population back here just so they can play for awhile and die back down, there are no major updates, the admins could add maps, and more mosnters but wtf would be the point? no new content.

7 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #201094 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Krampus posted: (7th Oct 2016, 03:26 pm)

Why cant we just let this shitty game die? leave it alone, Vult-r has all rights to it, he could destroy this whole thing we have going at any minute if he really wanted to, no reason to fucking advertise it and get a population back here just so they can play for awhile and die back down, there are no major updates, the admins could add maps, and more mosnters but wtf would be the point? no new content.

I kind of agree. But I'd rather see the game inspire similar games w/ updated gfx, etc. The game is entirely outdated and needs to be either redone or recreated. I just stick around in case someone decides they want to attempt that.
---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #201095 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Misca posted: (8th Oct 2016, 03:56 am)

I kind of agree. But I'd rather see the game inspire similar games w/ updated gfx, etc. The game is entirely outdated and needs to be either redone or recreated. I just stick around in case someone decides they want to attempt that.

Save the effort and just go back to the original: http://www.darkages.com/
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201097 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

Spend the money on a current generation game.

7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201099 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Sausage posted: (8th Oct 2016, 03:18 pm)

I meant like taking a simple game like EO and trying to redo it entirely. For example Maplestory > MS2. They took an entirely different approach to an old game.
---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201107 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

what is dark ages and why did it start in 1999 and why has it been continuosly updated unlike eo?

wtf the pixels look so close to eo what happened here. did we steal pixels from them?

looks familiar though I think I remember someone linking to this before but I forgot the story bout it
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201108 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Hacker_Alex posted: (10th Oct 2016, 03:53 pm)

what is dark ages and why did it start in 1999 and why has it been continuosly updated unlike eo?

wtf the pixels look so close to eo what happened here. did we steal pixels from them?

looks familiar though I think I remember someone linking to this before but I forgot the story bout it

Darkages was the game vult played before he started Endless online.  He also met I believe Arvid and maybe Teror(Not sure about this 1) on there as well.  The game was hugely inspired by Darkages and he promoted it a bit on the forums there when he first started Eo.  Since Arvid played it most of the pixel work he did was also inspired from DA.
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201109 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

Vult, Aengie, Teror, and Mizzy played DA together and went on to make EO. Rex tagged along and Arvid much later. Most of the earlier gfx was not Arvid's work. Vult modeled all of EO after DA. Warping animation came from the TV show charmed, and a couple of things had Final Fantasy 7 influence. Can't remember really what other influences there was in the game.

7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201110 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Apollo posted: (11th Oct 2016, 12:49 am)

Vult, Aengie, Teror, and Mizzy played DA together and went on to make EO. Rex tagged along and Arvid much later. Most of the earlier gfx was not Arvid's work. Vult modeled all of EO after DA. Warping animation came from the TV show charmed, and a couple of things had Final Fantasy 7 influence. Can't remember really what other influences there was in the game.

I can't remember if Dragon sword was called Cloud sword or if that's what people referenced it as lol
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201111 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

It was the buster sword.

7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201112 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.
Apollo posted: (11th Oct 2016, 12:49 am)

I always thought the light guide title for admin level 1 was influenced by charmed as well. If i remember, that's what that guys who use that warp on charmed were called as well.

Edit: Oh, and the elder robes are also influenced by charmed as well.

7 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #201122 Re: Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.

So which teleportation method is warping supposed to be like? Orbing?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Sponsoring Game.Eoserv on facebook.