EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > codeblocks? ms visual studio?
Page: << 1 >>
codeblocks? ms visual studio?
Post #200995 codeblocks? ms visual studio?

Hey how come eoserv guides use codeblocks and not visual studio? Sausage do you think codeblocks is better with C++ programming? :) Thanks. However codeblocks won't let you visually make GUI components like visual studio right?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #201002 Re: codeblocks? ms visual studio?

Microdick doesn't keep up with C++. Code blocks is a much smaller install and can pretty much do the same work. There are some nice bells and whistles using visual studio, but outside of making some sort of form gui there is not much reason to want to use it. 

7 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #201003 Re: codeblocks? ms visual studio?

As far as i know visual studio is an environment + compiler and it won't let use other compilers like gcc which is eoserv based on, instead of their compiler .

While code blocks let you use any compiler .

Most people here are not fans of Microsoft by succession or due to their own reasons .

A reason maybe : 

Plus you got download the whole visual studio which is atleast 5 g.b.

7 years, 30 weeks ago
Post #201007 Re: codeblocks? ms visual studio?
Apollo posted: (26th Sep 2016, 03:40 pm)

Microdick doesn't keep up with C++. Code blocks is a much smaller install and can pretty much do the same work. There are some nice bells and whistles using visual studio, but outside of making some sort of form gui there is not much reason to want to use it. 

I'm installing VS right now it's taking forever and installing .NET framework even though I didnt install the C# part of visual studio. I guess they assume I'll use .NET even though I won't.

And yeah it's taking forever to install.

freezingsoul posted: (26th Sep 2016, 03:43 pm)

As far as i know visual studio is an environment + compiler and it won't let use other compilers like gcc which is eoserv based on, instead of their compiler .

While code blocks let you use any compiler .

Most people here are not fans of Microsoft by succession or due to their own reasons .

A reason maybe : 

Plus you got download the whole visual studio which is atleast 5 g.b.

Ah yes I was worried about microsoft searching through my files and such, and limitations with how much you can do such as you explain here by their injecting of stuff. I guess I'll use visual studio for my first couple projects then go into codeblocks when I understand what libraries I'm using and such.

"your computer needs to be restarted before using the product" I wonder what they added to my startup lets see

Run on boot :P
ct!!DF01AE72894A4B7CAA8EB604C1F35C13 - "%temp%\vs_community_ENU.exe" /launchurl "http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=624682&clcid=0x409&campaign=ct!!DF018EB604C1F13"

Task Scheduler
vsixautoupdate.exe

Service
VSStandardCollectorService140 - Visual Studio Data Collection Service. When running, this service collects real-time ETW events and processes them. (no thanks)
Te.Service - Wex. services - %programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\8.1\Testing\Runtimes\TAEF
fussvc - Windows App Certification Kit Fast User Switching Utility Service - "%programfiles(x86)%\Windows Kits\8.1\App Certification Kit\fussvc.exe"

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 30 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > codeblocks? ms visual studio?