EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server and PortForwarding Issues
Page: << 1 >>
Server and PortForwarding Issues
Post #199598 Server and PortForwarding Issues

Hello everyone, I've tried endlessly (ha) to find a guide or way to successfully portforward an eoserv server. I use a Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7500, and here are the settings of how I have attempted to portforward.
LINK

The 192.168.1.26 is my desktops current IPv4 address. I've started the eoserv program and had me and my friend test it out using the external IP that is supposed to go into eoconfig for the game. It isn't functioning and cannot for the life of me figure out why. If anyone could help or send some insight I'd be very grateful. I haven't done this in years but I was sure this was the right way to di it, but maybe im wrong.

8 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #199609 Re: Server and PortForwarding Issues

I'm assuming you're probably running EOSERV on windows. Make sure the port is unblocked in Windows Firewall too. You'll need to add an inbound exception for port 8078 there as well (if you haven't already).

Usually when you run a networked application for the first time a dialog will pop up from Windows asking if you want to add a firewall exception, so this is assuming you didn't click "Allow" on that dialog (or missed it for whatever reason).

Also make sure EOSERV is bound to 0.0.0.0:8078. You can check this by looking at your eoserv config file or opening a command prompt window and typing netstat -an. You should see an entry that says "TCP" as the protocol and "0.0.0.0:8078" as the local address.

The other thing to check is that your computer running EOSERV has a static IP, or a DHCP reservation for its MAC address. If the IP changes, the port forward you've configured won't work.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
8 years, 6 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server and PortForwarding Issues