EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > My Quest Hates me D:
Page: << 1 >>
My Quest Hates me D:
Post #199379 My Quest Hates me D:

This is an old quest I wrote for my server a while ago. I recently decided to rewrite a few pieces and use it in another project I am working on. The problem is it will not for the life of me work... it gets stuck in the "Begin State" and will not display the npc chat or move to any other state. It shows up in my quest history and says n/a at the end. I know it is getting stuck in the "Begin State" because of my desc. in that state. Any help would be appreciated.

Edit - The actual script is a bit cleaner. This post jumbled it a bit. I also fixed every error that showed up in the Eoserv Error Log, so there are no problems there

Main

{

questname "Choosing a Path"

version 1.0

}

State Begin

{

desc "Walking the Path"

action  AddNpcText(264, "This world is a maze or Floors stacked upon one another. We are on Floor 1. There are 40 Floors.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "In order to advance to the next Floor you must defeat the boss at the end of each Floor.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "Only 1 person has to deafeat the boss, and the entire world may advance to the next FLoor.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "The only way to beat the bosses is by fighting them as a team.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "They are much too strong to take on alone. You will need to gather other players and form an Assault Team.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "The time has come to choose the path you will walk.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "You can become a KNIGHT, MAGIC USER or ARCHER");

action  AddNpcText(264, "KNIGHTS use melee weapons and have more health and stronger attacks than MAGIC USERS OR ARCHERS. You can use weak bows and learn simple spells.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "MAGIC USERS use magic staffs with ranged attacks and learn the strongest spells in the game. You can use weak melee weapons and weak bows.");

action  AddNpcText(264, "ARCHERS use bows and have the strongest ranged attacks. You are quick and avoid more damage. You can use weak melee weapons and learn simple spells");

action  AddNpcText(264, "-WARNING- Read through all 3 and very carefully make your choice. You CANNOT change this later. -WARNING-");

action AddNpcInput(264, 2, "KNIGHT");

action AddNpcInput(264, 3, "MAGIC USER");

action AddNpcInput(264, 4, "ARCHER");

rule InputNpc(2) goto Gender1

rule InputNpc(3) goto Gender2

rule InputNpc(4) goto Gender3

}

State Gender1

{

action AddNpcText(264, "Good Choice! Also are you Male or Female?");

action AddNpcInput(264, 2, "Male");

action AddNpcInput(2, 3, "Female");

rule InputNpc(2) goto KnightM

rule InputNpc(3) goto KnightF

}

State Gender2

{

rule InputNpc(2) goto MagicUserM

rule InputNpc(3) goto MagicUserF

}

State Gender3

{

rule InputNpc(2) goto ArcherM

rule InputNpc(3) goto ArcherF

}

State KnightM

{

action SetClass(2);

action GiveItem(344,1);

action GiveItem(27,1);

action GiveItem(101,1);

rule TalkedToNpc(264) goto Knight2

}

State MagicUserM

{

action SetClass(3);

action GiveItem(344,1);

action GiveItem(29,1);

action GiveItem(101,1);

rule TalkedToNpc(264) goto MagicUser2

}

State ArcherM

{

action SetClass(4);

action GiveItem(344,1);

action GiveItem(297,1);

action GiveItem(101,1);

rule TalkedToNpc(264) goto Archer2

}

State KnightF

{

action SetClass(2);

action GiveItem(345,1);

action GiveItem(27,1);

action GiveItem(101,1);

rule TalkedToNpc(264) goto Knight2

}

State MagicUserF

{

action SetClass(3);

action GiveItem(345,1);

action GiveItem(29,1);

action GiveItem(101,1);

rule TalkedToNpc(264) goto MagicUser2

}

State ArcherF

{

action SetClass(4);

action GiveItem(345,1);

action GiveItem(297,1);

action GiveItem(101,1);

rule TalkedToNpc(264) goto Archer2

}

State Knight2

{

action AddNpcText(264, "You are now a true KNIGHT, let your blade cut through any impurity on your way to the final Floor!");

action Quake(5);

action PlaySound(52);

rule TalkedToNpc(264) goto End

}

State MagicUser2

{

action AddNpcText(264, "You are now a true MAGIC USER, let your magic burn any impurity on your way to the final Floor!");

action Quake(5);

action PlaySound(52);

}

State Archer2

{

action AddNpcText(264, "You are now a true ARCHER, let your Bow rip through any impurity on your way to the final Floor!");

action Quake(5);

action PlaySound(52);

}

State End

{

action End()

}

8 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #199380 Re: My Quest Hates me D:

Quest ID referenced can't be higher than 253 (I think). Set the NPC's quest ID to something lower and change the ID in the quest to match. 

8 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #199381 Re: My Quest Hates me D:

It's been a while since I quested so I don't remember exactly but I thought the action  AddNpcText(264 referenced the npc you click on, not the quest id. If npc 264 has a quest script 1 and the quest it is calling is 00001.eqf it should work shouldn't it? Or are you just saying your can only give quests to npcs who's number is lower than 253?

8 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #199387 Re: My Quest Hates me D:

the npc txt is the script ID, and in the pub file you give the npc the quest script number. so if

{

action  AddNpcText(2, "Hello young lad, Could I interest You in some chocolate?");

the 2 is the quest script number itself.

you dont use the actual NpcID its the ID of the quest script you assigned to the npc in the pub file.

---
Mradio / Grantorino
8 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #199388 Re: My Quest Hates me D:

Thanks guys, I figured it out! I'm an idiot and forgot how to writes quests, my bad lol

8 years, 13 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > My Quest Hates me D: