EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server troubles
Page: << 1 >>
Server troubles
Post #199262 Server troubles

Hey everyone, I've been trying to set up a server for just my friends and I but I can't get it to work. EOServ will run and I can connect to it from Endless by using my local ip but I can't figure out how to have others connect to it. I've set up my port forwarding so that it is running from my computers local ip and it's on port 8078. I'm pretty sure others should be able to connect to my server by using my public ip but it's not working for me. Can anyone help me?

8 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #199263 Re: Server troubles

Can you access the server from other computers on your network?

Make sure there's not a local firewall blocking it by default - if you're on windows try disabling the windows firewall then either get your friends to try again or use a port checker (http://www.canyouseeme.org/) while the server's running to test it. If that works, re-enable the firewall and add an exception for the right port.

Another thing to check, if you're using DHCP instead of a static local IP, is that your local address hasn't changed since you set up the port forward - you won't get too far if the router's routing all those EO packets to an address which doesn't exist ^^

8 years, 15 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Server troubles