EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Moonies Map-Pack Release (100+ maps)
Page: << 1 2 >>
Moonies Map-Pack Release (100+ maps)
Post #199208 Re: Moonies Map-Pack Release (100+ maps)

Nice release here Moonie. :P

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #199211 Re: Moonies Map-Pack Release (100+ maps)
callum posted: (12th Jan 2016, 12:45 am)

Moonie posted: (12th Jan 2016, 12:13 am)

Misca posted: (12th Jan 2016, 12:00 am)

Zack posted: (9th Jan 2016, 05:47 pm)

Misca posted: (9th Jan 2016, 05:10 pm)

I thought about posting a giant compilation of all my previous work and posting it, but not enough people are around to appreciate it anymore. The last time I checked I had about 97 connecting maps for the project I was working on, and countless other random ones I either published for servers or did requests for. Anyways, good job on the maps Moonie. 

You never know, there could always be a random who comes along and discovers the maps and uses them for his own local server. Even if it's only up for a few days lol.

The map editor also serves as a creative outlet for some, including me. Sometimes I just create maps for the hell of it..using legos would probably be a better way to use my time though.

Well the project I was working on was a revamped main clone, making all the maps neater, bigger, etc. At some point I had started redoing some of the old gfx like those red/white buildings in aeven to be more like halowdale in shading/whatnot, but gave up on it. There were way too many unused maps in main that it was actually disappointing. Things like the fox/blob area and the mushroom/snail areas near estaq were barely even touched by anyone who wasnt grinding for lens of truth. Other areas obviously even more like the carnivos, but *shrug*

And I've pretty much given up on mapping, maybe if a reboot like Aureus comes out would I get back into it, but until then, it's too much of a hassle if no one will be using it. At least 2-3 years ago there were private servers out there that were actually trying to compete with EE/FE/SEO/BU/Main.

Thats why i keep most of my maps under 100x100. 

We just dont have the numbers anymore.

It honestly is so hard making a server.

Getting a dedicated team together is impossible these days.

In the end no one will probably appreciate it anyways.

Boni is making a server, might be worth pming her on treos if you still wanted to map or w.e I know she's looking for a dedicated team aswell.

We have different ideas tho.

Am not knocking on her server, its probably really nice and i plan to test it wen it comes out.

But i am very set on what i want to do for a server. 

And it's hard to get a team together without them trying to always put in their two cents.

Like i wanna use the original GFX and keep things nice, clean, and simple.

Last i remeber Boni wanted to replace most of the GFX.

Small things like that prevent me from working on other projects. 

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #199237 Re: Moonies Map-Pack Release (100+ maps)

love the maps. I stuck them on my server, but my server isn't public or near finished. just started building one again with a friend after years of quitting. I can tell you put alot of time into these maps.

Thanks again

---
Mradio / Grantorino
8 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #199238 Re: Moonies Map-Pack Release (100+ maps)
~Adio~ posted: (14th Jan 2016, 05:57 am)

love the maps. I stuck them on my server, but my server isn't public or near finished. just started building one again with a friend after years of quitting. I can tell you put alot of time into these maps.

Thanks again

Cool! Good to see someone use em!
---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 12 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Moonies Map-Pack Release (100+ maps)