EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
Page: << 1 2 >>
What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
Post #198512 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?

I like having big open maps, being able to actually quit a quest instead of being forced to finish them like most p servers do..Like it when owners plan out shit instead of add a quick fix to make players happy. I don't actually care much for custom GFX, just having a good balance to go with the nice new systems works great

8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198513 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
callum posted: (18th Oct 2015, 11:51 pm)

I like having big open maps, being able to actually quit a quest instead of being forced to finish them like most p servers do..Like it when owners plan out shit instead of add a quick fix to make players happy. I don't actually care much for custom GFX, just having a good balance to go with the nice new systems works great

but isn't their quest part of a chain that makes up a storyline ? :c
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198514 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
wesly posted: (19th Oct 2015, 01:05 am)

callum posted: (18th Oct 2015, 11:51 pm)

but isn't their quest part of a chain that makes up a storyline ? :c

nah some have like "go collect 10 apples" and then you end up stuck with that in your quest box until you get the apples :< they never add a "I give up" option xd

I'm all for main stories tho, aslong as they have options/diff routes n shit

8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198515 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?

Realtime Quest would be nice *cough* @Sausage

8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198527 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?

What would I not like to see:

• Unbalanced stats
  • 1k+ damage
  • random maps
  • Pets
  • AOE weapons/spells
  • devilgates/events (Let the game stay fair!)
  • Shitty admins like on most servers
  • Admins abusing announce chat

What would I like to see:

• Lots of quests
  • Good story
  • Balanced stats
  • Just a few admins online, let's say.. 1 for each timezone
  • Map transitions that make sense (Not leaving aeven, suddenly in a cave, hell etc.)
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198528 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
Hollows posted: (19th Oct 2015, 12:01 pm)

• Unbalanced stats
  • 1k+ damage
  • random maps
  • Pets
  • AOE weapons/spells

• Lots of quests
  • Good story
  • Balanced stats
  • Map transitions that make sense (Not leaving aeven, suddenly in a cave, hell etc.)

Isn't Devil Gates a part of your EOsource program xD
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198530 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
wesly posted: (19th Oct 2015, 12:58 pm)

• Unbalanced stats
  • 1k+ damage
  • random maps
  • Pets
  • AOE weapons/spells

• Lots of quests
  • Good story
  • Balanced stats

Isn't Devil Gates a part of your EOsource program xD

It is, but that doesn't mean he likes it. People like it because it's a set automated event and it requires no effort from them to make happen, other than set the NPC IDs, amount of NPCs and set the time between each event.
EOSOURCE is supposed to be an emulator that requires no programmer to implement features. I'm just guessing Devils Gate, and Capture The Flag are just part of that package.
I'm assuming this is the case, anyway.

I agree with Hollow though. Devils Gate is a terrible idea, but I wouldn't pass up events. I just wouldn't give items out as prizes, unless you have statless items made specifically for events. Otherwise, I'd give out titles as prizes. The events would have to be very rare occurrences though.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198531 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?

• Unbalanced stats
  • 1k+ damage
  • random maps
  • Pets
  • AOE weapons/spells

• Lots of quests
  • Good story
  • Balanced stats

I pretty much agree with this. However, I'd still like to see some events as long as it's minimalistic in reward (Not turtles, 1m gold in a 100k market, etc.) If it was more for fun than anything I'd still do it the majority the time I'm on. 

And if Sausage ever decides to expand the game I'd help out, but as of right now, I haven't even redownloaded EO to play the copy.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198532 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?

A rare event now and then is fine actually, but I see that some servers host multiple events per day, and if some players rarely play, then those people already have a disadvantage. And as stated above, I do not like a lot of those extra features but I added them anyway since a lot of people appreciate having them ;)

I'm working on a server myself where I try to keep the features limited to what the original EO offered.

8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198539 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
  • Single player dungeons and a bunch of mobs and levers to open doors, that kinda stuff
  • dash spell that quickly makes you dash 2 tiles in a direction that you can use like every 2 seconds
  • mobs send crazy fireballs and other spells that you need to dodge.
  • better ai
  • that's all, if you can actually make this then kudos to you
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198541 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
LegendaryG posted: (19th Oct 2015, 09:40 pm)

• Single player dungeons and a bunch of mobs and levers to open doors, that kinda stuff
  • dash spell that quickly makes you dash 2 tiles in a direction that you can use like every 2 seconds
  • mobs send crazy fireballs and other spells that you need to dodge.
  • better ai
  • that's all, if you can actually make this then kudos to you

Gauntlet?

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198555 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?

I guess I'm old fashioned

I don't like quests or custom graphics :d I just want the game to be fun; the stats, mobs, and exp to be balanced (stats being dmg, hp, and heals), and people to play with (or rek)

I also love PK (as probably everyone knows by now), and I usually don't even bother logging on a server unless I see those red skull and cross bones next to it ;P

---
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein

Owner of the original Culio PK - PK Worldz
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198569 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?
wesly posted: (18th Oct 2015, 02:30 pm)

Redivivusnickos posted: (17th Oct 2015, 08:22 pm)

The penetrator

I bet you like that stuff don't ya ? 

ayush posted: (17th Oct 2015, 01:13 pm)

These features arent gonna bring you many players as you are expecting. My server includes all these features already but only 1-5 average players on. Better to do advertising outside eo community. Better maps + pixels + quest dialogues maybe sufficient for an oldschool bestie server. @wesly

I have a team right now which consists of 4 members but we have no idea where to start and what to add.
Depends, do you want me to show you? Do you want to feel it?
---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198575 Re: What do people want to see on a Private Server ?

I want a private server to feel like a consistent experience. Too often Servers seem like a random array of different "hacks" and graphics. I just want a server that feels like it's own experience. Not some sort of clusterfuck of half-assed ideas. 

---
Love you too.
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > What do people want to see on a Private Server ?