EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Color item variety
Page: << 1 >>
Color item variety
Post #198299 Color item variety

Well this is only an idea but what if we had for some items in the game some color variety, like brown,gray,dark robes for example.

EO does not really have a lot of items in game we have a couple of items everybody power farms like to get damage as fast as they can and there are too much items that do they same thing jest look different, So my suggestion is that we have maybe some colored items that can also grant different status like a blue color will give more defense/CON while a red on will give extra damage-ratio/STR or even be jest for show.

I mean its jest an idea to bring some variety while keeping the game mostly the same.

feed back is always welcome be it negative or positive, thanks for reading.

8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198305 Re: Color item variety

I think one of the biggest problems with that kind of stuff is most servers are either to lazy or don't know how to balance their server correctly so they go to 0 to 100 real quick, but personally I love your idea of color coordinating certain stat's; but I think that would be worse as Str is the only useful stat in the game. I think if you can revamp the stats in the game and make them useful then this idea could work way more, specially if a certain class benefits what a warrior would with Str. You could even take it to another level where Str equipment are bulky armor and maybe Int could be robes for wizards that improve their range.

I think this idea would work way more amazingly if the Endless Online element function actually worked, as blue items could be like +10 ice ect, but I'm not even sure if it's possible to make this feature work; maybe through hacky commands or something or a quest state like karma. For look wise I think more variety is for the better, but I'm pretty sure their is a limit on the gfx files and I'm not sure how easily they would fill up with recolors of same item... or if their is even a limit on clothes gfx files.

8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198307 Re: Color item variety

Never was a fan of recolors, but maybe making armors that look similar to each other would be better for your idea. For example:

Dark Robes (black) would just be for show, so they'd stay the same as they are in the game.

Dark Robes (red) would have some extra armor, maybe a metal shoulder-piece to represent that it will give you more STR and HP.

Dark Robes (blue) would have less clothing, to give you a 'faster movement' type of feel, and you get more AGI or EVA.

Stuff like that would (imo) work better. But I do very much like the idea of stat changes depending on the color of the armor.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198309 Re: Color item variety

I've seen it done and tbh I find it stupid as fuck. 

If you want to spend that much time adding items then you might as well add actual new ones. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198313 Re: Color item variety

I think it works alright in games like WoW where theres thousands of items, but in a game as small as EO it really wouldnt work that well.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198333 Re: Color item variety

On a slightly related note. If I ever get round to doing more work on EOrgy (a custom MMO based on EO's assets) I'd add a "Hue shift" value to armour so all wearable items can be custom coloured with minimal effort.

---
Forgotten Passwords = Fresh Start
8 years, 28 weeks ago
Post #198338 Re: Color item variety

This thread doesn't seem to be about adding palette swapping to the actual client, so I'm moving it to server building.

8 years, 28 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Color item variety