EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
Page: << 1 2 >>
Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
Post #198073 Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

Hello everyone.

I saw a script for classes but exited the site before coping the code and forget where it is. I was wondering if you could give a certain class a command to kick people and jail/maybe even map people but not bann them. Might have to do with access and all.
I know its possible to make the race/class such as Warrior,Mage,Poet and such but giving them a command when they join the new path/click the npc. also will need a leave or a kick function or a reset to class function.
Such as (God,Modder,Maper,King,Queen as a class) I might have to make stuff like God(w) God(m) and stuff w= warrior m = mage. I know they will need to be able to have their own npc. if I cant allow them to use the npcs for warrior or mage or any path given.

Just wondering. or can we only have 6 classes? if we can have more do we have to edit the client?

(edited it from a post/changed a few things)

# Peasant
class.1.damage = 0
class.1.accuracy = 0
class.1.evade = 0
class.1.defence = 0

# Mage
class.3.damage = 3 int
class.3.accuracy = 3 wis
class.3.evade = 4 agi
class.3.defence = 5 con

# Rouge
class.4.damage = 5 str
class.4.accuracy = 3 agi
class.4.evade = 3 agi
class.4.defence = 4 con

# Warrior
class.5.damage = 6 str
class.5.accuracy = 5 agi
class.5.evade = 5 agi
class.5.defence = 5 con

# Poet
class.6.damage = 3 str
class.6.accuracy = 3 agi
class.6.evade = 5 agi

Also a Player npc. Like say we use the King or queen and guards and they walk around the Kingdom and go into buildings and stand there and say a few things / waitting on a timer type thing an then they run off.. like on a loop would be nice but making it different every day and time making the script huge for one npc and days be different. I could end the thing at the house/palace and make go into bed and waiting till morning do more stuff. also mkaing them so they can walk through everyone soo it doesn't get stuck. making the game real life like. (results in me resetting the server and making new stuff the npc can do)

it sounds really cool idea.

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198076 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

Dream big my child, dream big. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198079 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not too sure. Are you saying you want an NPC that a certain class could use and when you click on the NPC you can kick a player? You could make a quest and have a quest action to kick a player and use the IsClass rule to make it available to a certain class, and you can add more classes in the pub file.

---
stay tuned.
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198080 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

Better question, why would you bother doing this with classes when you can already do this using standard admin/moderator ranks?

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198083 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
andrewbob1 posted: (24th Sep 2015, 09:34 pm)

I think I understand what you're saying, but I'm not too sure. Are you saying you want an NPC that a certain class could use and when you click on the NPC you can kick a player? You could make a quest and have a quest action to kick a player and use the IsClass rule to make it available to a certain class, and you can add more classes in the pub file.

I was thinking he meant a NPC for each of the classes to do a certain quest line that the other classes couldn't use.. 
And have NPC's walk (intelligently) to a destination at a set time and back. 

The kick and jail thing could be cool for a police force type situation.. but I don't understand why he would want to use it for classes. 
---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198103 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

hey Gan, read the first part about certain classes have a command. Yeah sure you can do anything with Eoserv. You'll just have to have the command security code check if the player is a specific class. Sounds like easy stuff to me!

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198115 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

Basically its a job rank with command attached so people online can see oh your god class thats cool. now they can do their own command and kick people/mute people and unlock doors/lock doors and stuff .. Also I wouldn't have to add people to the certain god class when I am offline. I could tell a higher up person and then they can go to the map 1505034 or whatever and send the person there and the npc in the random blocked off room that allows no dieing or anything like a jail...allows them to join the class God (W) or God (M)  An if clicked the person joining it can also go back to their own rank. also can tell the higher up person to do it an they go to the room and can kick the person by clicking the npc and they can type in their name and can change their class back to normal/kick them. Such as warrior/mage/rogue type stuff then I wouldn't have to deal with.

Also we could do like a quest you give them a code aka security code and the pop up... pops up and you can enter in a code in the box. The secret code we would change every week or few months depending if things are needed. Or an item would work but would have to keep that secret and have to change the number so it cant be abused.

its a cool idea I think will have to figure it all out.

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198120 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

Giving players access to kicking/jailing/muting other players is a creative idea for the way you want to implement it but it will no doubt lead to utter chaos. People will get to their God class and just create havoc and abuse these commands. It would be much simpler to give them the ability to warp, look at people's inventories/lockers and even use the $quake command. Keep the kicking/jailing/muting to the administrators, as they are punishments.

Using God (w) and God (m) would look quite ugly on your player list. Perhaps rearranging the names so they are all of equal importance but are more associated with the class. Example:

Mage -> God

Warrior -> Legend

Rogue -> Assassin

Poet -> Jingler

All these classes would reward the player with the exact same abilities but they would be named according to their original class. Makes more sense than having God(M) and God(W).

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198122 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

Should just do : God of war/ magic etc instead of the brackets, idk if it'd fit though

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198126 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc

I personally think kicking is un-needed.. Now jailing could be cool if you allow maybe some kind of timed warp or temp jail feature where people could get out after so long.

---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198132 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
kodyt posted: (28th Sep 2015, 03:08 am)

I personally think kicking is un-needed.. Now jailing could be cool if you allow maybe some kind of timed warp or temp jail feature where people could get out after so long.

Kicking is more for fun, but can still be heavily abused.

EOSERV already has s timer for jails and mutes. Normally it won't allow the admin to make the command unless there's a time set afterwards. For example, $mute nurd 10m would mute me for 10 minutes. In some cases, saying $mute nurd would default to a 1 minute mute, or a jail would default to 10 minutes.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198133 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
Gan posted: (27th Sep 2015, 01:55 am)

Basically its a job rank with command attached so people online can see oh your god class thats cool. now they can do their own command and kick people/mute people and unlock doors/lock doors and stuff .. Also I wouldn't have to add people to the certain god class when I am offline. I could tell a higher up person and then they can go to the map 1505034 or whatever and send the person there and the npc in the random blocked off room that allows no dieing or anything like a jail...allows them to join the class God (W) or God (M)  An if clicked the person joining it can also go back to their own rank. also can tell the higher up person to do it an they go to the room and can kick the person by clicking the npc and they can type in their name and can change their class back to normal/kick them. Such as warrior/mage/rogue type stuff then I wouldn't have to deal with.

Also we could do like a quest you give them a code aka security code and the pop up... pops up and you can enter in a code in the box. The secret code we would change every week or few months depending if things are needed. Or an item would work but would have to keep that secret and have to change the number so it cant be abused.

One massive problem with that. No one can be "God" for real, because in reality there in only 1 God and He is our Creator. Please change it to lowercase always.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198134 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
Hacker_Alex posted: (28th Sep 2015, 11:14 pm)

Gan posted: (27th Sep 2015, 01:55 am)

One massive problem with that. No one can be "God" for real, because in reality there in only 1 God and He is our Creator. Please change it to lowercase always.

You're kidding me right? Keep your religion to yourself, champ. The kid can do what he wants. Chill.
---
You're all fags.
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198135 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
Nurd posted: (28th Sep 2015, 09:36 pm)

EOSERV already has s timer for jails and mutes. Normally it won't allow the admin to make the command unless there's a time set afterwards. For example, $mute nurd 10m would mute me for 10 minutes. In some cases, saying $mute nurd would default to a 1 minute mute, or a jail would default to 10 minutes.

When did the jail time limit get put into the code? 

On a different note, the "gods" shouldn't be able to go over 15mins or so imo. 
---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198136 Re: Classes with a command idea? also a player npc
kodyt posted: (29th Sep 2015, 12:58 am)

Nurd posted: (28th Sep 2015, 09:36 pm)

When did the jail time limit be put into the code? 

On a different note, the "gods" shouldn't be able to go over 15mins or so imo. 

I don't think timed jails were added.. Not unless it's a new feature, but it would be super easy to add something like this in, but I'd recommend adding checks to avoid people adding jail time to players already jailed. ( if(character->sentence > 0) return;)
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Classes with a command idea? also a player npc