EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking for artists, scripters
Page: << 1 2 >>
Looking for artists, scripters
Post #197976 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

This has gone so far off topic though.. Let's all just agree to move on. 

We know eosource at one time had a backdoor but that's what you get when you download closed source rev's... 

If we want to further talk about Eosource lets go make another topic about it and then have another forum war between us and them(is there even still a them?)...

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197982 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
kodyt posted: (19th Sep 2015, 03:08 am)

We know eosource at one time had a backdoor but that's what you get when you download closed source rev's... 

If we want to further talk about Eosource lets go make another topic about it and then have another forum war between us and them(is there even still a them?)...

No one stays on topic anymore. It's kind of useless to ask for help on here unless you're a recognizable name. Js

---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197987 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
kodyt posted: (19th Sep 2015, 03:08 am)

If we want to further talk about Eosource lets go make another topic about it and then have another forum war between us and them(is there even still a them?)…

Yup, that's usually how it goes. I only put in my two cents in because it was brought up by multiple people initially. =d

I agree if it is discussed further, there should just be a new topic for it.

Edit- I kinda doubt he will find artists, or script writers, but it's worth a try I suppose? Too bad there aren't as many people in the community doing these types of things for server development anymore. =/

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198098 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

I like writing quest scripts. If you ever want to do something nuts using the quest engine, I can do that for you.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198300 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

i am looking for artists, quest writers, coders stuff like that, this game will come alive, i'm changing the eo maps aswell! But to say the truth i dont like the map sprites of eo they are bugged sometimes, so can someone like stava help me aswell?

i dont know how to contact stava!

8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198301 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
wazzyl posted: (7th Oct 2015, 01:26 pm)

i am looking for artists, quest writers, coders stuff like that, this game will come alive, i'm changing the eo maps aswell! But to say the truth i dont like the map sprites of eo they are bugged sometimes, so can someone like stava help me aswell?

If you really believe that bolded part then I hate to break it to you, but it won't. Aureus might succeed if it's published on steam, etc. but they aren't working very hard on it. 

And I don't think stava would help much. He's pretty much said on treos that he's done with EO when he shut down his server.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198302 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
Misca posted: (7th Oct 2015, 03:13 pm)

If you really believe that bolded part then I hate to break it to you, but it won't. Aureus might succeed if it's published on steam, etc. but they aren't working very hard on it. 

And I don't think stava would help much. He's pretty much said on treos that he's done with EO when he shut down his server.

Misca the first part you said isn't true at all, that's just you being arrogant . If he puts enough effort into it and makes sure all work is presentable then what's to say it won't be the next big server? Not to mention he might even have another audience outside of the EO community. I'm not saying all this will happen, but I'm not arrogant enough to mark it off like it won't.

@Wazzyl There's actually a lot of free art around the forums, as well as other good releases. if you're willing to spend a little time flicking through the pages I'm sure you could find some really nice stuff mate. I believe there's a lot of Stava/Other big name releases around!

8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198304 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
callum posted: (7th Oct 2015, 06:26 pm)

Misca posted: (7th Oct 2015, 03:13 pm)

Misca the first part you said isn't true at all, that's just you being arrogant . If he puts enough effort into it and makes sure all work is presentable then what's to say it won't be the next big server? Not to mention he might even have another audience outside of the EO community. I'm not saying all this will happen, but I'm not arrogant enough to mark it off like it won't.

@Wazzyl There's actually a lot of free art around the forums, as well as other good releases. if you're willing to spend a little time flicking through the pages I'm sure you could find some really nice stuff mate. I believe there's a lot of Stava/Other big name releases around!

As Callum said their is beyond enough to fill half the GFX with free (good releases) and if you personally don't feel like looking for all of them, then you could hit me up in my inbox and I can send you an archive of all the stuff I deemed awesome enough to use! If your worried about them not fitting together, because trust me they won't then it wouldn't take to much time to honestly make up a quick, but yet awesome color pallet to use to recolor everything if your that serious (Or you could use them as placeholders and replace them when you finally find an artist).
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198308 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

Stava won't help you, he's done with EO and EO-related servers. If you're creating a new game with an entirely new custom client then maybe he'll help, but it could be for commission. Otherwise you won't get anything from him.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Post #198312 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

@Callum I was saying the EO communtiy more than likely will not recover, not that his server wont be successful. Hence why I mentioned Aureus and other games potentially being published on Steam. Hell, the only reason I found EO back in like 2006 was just by google searching "Free mmorpg" or something like that, and that was after like 5-6 pages on google. Yeah, EO had 2k player caps at points, meaning the playerbase was probably around 4-5k, but now its basically 100 or less. 
So back to what I said, a lack of community will not bring back EO, so when he said "this game will come alive", he is really just asking for the impossible unless he creates a completely new game.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 29 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking for artists, scripters