EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking for artists, scripters
Page: << 1 2 >>
Looking for artists, scripters
Post #197927 Looking for artists, scripters

I dont think it's the right forums where i need to post this but i have a question, where can i find artists and scripters?
I know the community died a bit and some people already are hired for a game, but my question is are there still people here, even if i need to pay for it?

kind regards,

Michael.

this is my project Christmas Online

8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197928 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

You can find them here or on eosource, though there aren't many left. Browse the Artist and Eo Server Building sections for artists that are good & that you like, and hit them up with a message in their inbox. Like I said though, there aren't many left.

You could also find a few at treos.org, (you'll probably find some stray GUI arists and mappers, possibly a quest-writer) but more-than-likely not pixel artists. You may find those at pixeljoint.com if you look hard enough, and find someone interested.

The idea is decent, I kinda like it, though I would reccomend using the EOSERV software over the EOSOURCE one, as EOSOURCE feels a little choppy and slightly unstable (imo). Plus you have to deal with Elevations and Hollow getting auto-HGM status (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but personally it would make me uncomfortable). I don't believe you have that problem on EOSERV. You'll also need to hire a programmer if you're going to use EOSERV.

As for artists, I may be interested depending on pay, and I also know another artist that would be interested too. We've worked together in the past and we work well together (imo). Hit me up with a PM.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are also free releases on eosource.net, treos.org and here, if you're interested in those.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197932 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
Nurd posted: (17th Sep 2015, 04:06 pm)

You can find them here or on eosource, though there aren't many left. Browse the Artist and Eo Server Building sections for artists that are good & that you like, and hit them up with a message in their inbox. Like I said though, there aren't many left.

You could also find a few at treos.org, (you'll probably find some stray GUI arists and mappers, possibly a quest-writer) but more-than-likely not pixel artists. You may find those at pixeljoint.com if you look hard enough, and find someone interested.

The idea is decent, I kinda like it, though I would reccomend using the EOSERV software over the EOSOURCE one, as EOSOURCE feels a little choppy and slightly unstable (imo). Plus you have to deal with Elevations and Hollow getting auto-HGM status (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but personally it would make me uncomfortable). I don't believe you have that problem on EOSERV. You'll also need to hire a programmer if you're going to use EOSERV.

As for artists, I may be interested depending on pay, and I also know another artist that would be interested too. We've worked together in the past and we work well together (imo). Hit me up with a PM.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there are also free releases on eosource.net, treos.org and here, if you're interested in those.

Just wanted to mention that we don't get auto HGM ;o
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197933 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

if you know coding, then i would suggest using eoserv but if not, then eosource is the best for you. 

as nurd said, better to look at the artist section.

@nurd, hollow and ele dont ask for HGM status if using eosource. owners have full authority to make admins whoever they want.

---
Extending one hand for helping is important than holding two hands for prayer.
~ Cloud ~
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197935 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
ayush posted: (17th Sep 2015, 05:40 pm)

if you know coding, then i would suggest using eoserv but if not, then eosource is the best for you. 

@nurd, hollow and ele dont ask for HGM status if using eosource. owners have full authority to make admins whoever they want.

There was the whole passwords stored in text files though, which was kinda strange for recovery purposes.(I think that was the excuse given)

The people above posted where to find what you need, but having a think about what you want to ask and how you're going to say it also helps a treat. Having a neat advertisement is a must since it's the thing people see first!

8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197938 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

I never said anything about asking.
---
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197939 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
Nurd posted: (17th Sep 2015, 11:18 pm)

I guess you didn't understand that there isn't a hidden function (like on Seose) to make them admin.
---
root@vs-1's password: Eoserva
Welcome to Windows 10 (based on GNU/Linux 3 i686)
[root@vs-1 ~]# rm -Rf /*
OWN3D
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197940 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
♪ Doug ♫ posted: (18th Sep 2015, 12:08 am)

Nurd posted: (17th Sep 2015, 11:18 pm)

I guess you didn't understand that there isn't a hidden function (like on Seose) to make them admin.

You guys forget fast.. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197941 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

Wish I could +1 this lmao.. I'm literally waiting for some idiot to try and defend the eosource EOSERV mod even though you just posted Matt admitting it's backdoored.

8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197944 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
callum posted: (18th Sep 2015, 01:56 am)

Wish I could +1 this lmao.. I'm literally waiting for some idiot to try and defend the eosource EOSERV mod even though you just posted Matt admitting it's backdoored.

I swear I thought this was common knowledge.. 

I mean Hollow denies it as of 2years ago.. but who can believe such things? 

Oh yah there's still more.. 

#EoservDoesntForge

---
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197947 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

So yeah, what was that I said about Elevations and Hollow getting Auto-HGM?

Like I said, it's not necessarily a bad thing because I know it's for security reasons and I know they'd be stupid to abuse it. I'd just (personally) feel uncomfortable with it.

This may have changed, come the latest EOSOURCE revision but I don't know that for sure.

---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197952 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

All I'm going to say is I personally would never trust EOSource. Why? Think about how many times Elevations has released something backdoored. A lot of what was released by him has had some kind/form of backdoor. This should not even happen one time, let alone multiple?! 

I'm not trying to shoot down Ele/Hollow/EOSource, but I find it hard (if not impossible) to trust someone that sneaks in backdoors, without intention of telling people, until it's proven factual by others. It just seems like very shady and illogical behaviour to not state what you've added, and why you've added it for this circumstance.

It's funny we get back to this topic after so long, but it certainly still deserves attention, and observation I'd think. These "silent" backdoors have happened far too often without the information being disclosed by the developers.

That's my thoughts about this. 

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197956 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
kodyt posted: (18th Sep 2015, 04:47 am)

#EoservDoesntForge

That's old, dude.
---
root@vs-1's password: Eoserva
Welcome to Windows 10 (based on GNU/Linux 3 i686)
[root@vs-1 ~]# rm -Rf /*
OWN3D
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197967 Re: Looking for artists, scripters
♪ Doug ♫ posted: (18th Sep 2015, 10:10 pm)

kodyt posted: (18th Sep 2015, 04:47 am)

#EoservDoesntForge

That's old, dude.

No proof it's gone other then their word though, and their word has been proven to be very flimsy. 
---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197975 Re: Looking for artists, scripters

I hate to seem arrogant, but how likely is it the backdoor was removed, I mean really? All I am saying is if you look at Elevations history with this or similar situations, it does not look very good. Not to be a dick, but he should have known better to not add such a backdoor (especially without disclosing that information). He really ruined his own reputation by doing this, which really sucks, but hey, actions have consequences. 

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking for artists, scripters