EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Character Transfer Option?
Page: << 1 >>
Character Transfer Option?
Post #197919 Character Transfer Option?

This was always a question I've had but never got around to asking server owners, sooo heree it goes.

Why hasn't their ever been a character transfer option? Like if you can prove a character on another pserver is you then you can xfer that character/stats over. 

Now I understand the lvling/stat rates may be different but with some basic mathematics you could easily see what lvl/stats they would have. Games such as MU used to do this in private servers and it worked out great. 

One mu server did it something like this:
1000-3000 exp = 100% stats
3000-5000 exp = 75% stats 

And so on and so forth.. I understand on main/eoclone it may not work well due to bots but other p servers it could work.. Or even if they are lvl 100 cut it to lvl 40 and call it good. 

Anyways.. 
So why don't servers offer this? To much work? 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197920 Re: Character Transfer Option?

It would require mutual trust between private server owners.(Consider the origins of this community.)

tl;dr lel.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197922 Re: Character Transfer Option?

Pretty much this:

Cirras posted: (17th Sep 2015, 04:47 am)

It would require mutual trust between private server owners. (Consider the origins of this community.)

But also, it would take away from the gaming experience of that private server. For example, BU has a crafting chain, which means you start from one armor/weapon and you constantly get items to upgrade to the next armor/weapon. Getting those items is difficult due to:
  • The player's level
  • The NPCs difficulty
Both work hand-in-hand with each other. NPC's difficulty is measured in how long it will take the player to kill it, which is judged by the players level. If adding a new NPC, BU would have to take into account the players killing this new NPC would be able to hit (approximately) 60k damage, and 100k crits, so they have to increase the NPCs HP, AGI, Damage and drop-rate in order to make it difficult to gain the item they need for their next craft.

Now, let's say reborns = reborns for FE -> BU character transfer. (Since they're quite similar anyway)
Let's also say level = reborns for EE -> BU character transfer.

So I was on FE for years and I reached, say... 100 reborns. I want my character's stats and reborns tranferred to BU so I can play that because I'm sick of how shit FE is.
Now look! I'm 100 reborns on BU, can hit 60k-100k damage(with the best weapon) and 30k - 45k with my hands. Now I can kill every monster and gain every craft super-easy, which means I'll get bored of BU extremely fast. I might even be forced to donate along the way because the drop rates are terrible.

Now say I was on EE for years and I reached level 132. Now I'm bored of EE because of it's lack of updates and it's new quests that gives me items that I already have. Now I want to play BU, so I get my character transferred and.. Oh! I'm 132 reborns, look at that! And the above paragraph repeats.

Put a forumla into that mix (like you stated above) and the same thing happens, just to a slightly lower degree.

The only way I can see it working out is maybe EE -> EO(Clone) transfer, or vice-versa but then Cirras' point comes in. I doubt Sausage wants anything to do with EE anymore.

TL;DR

It would take away from the gaming experience of that private server.

It would require mutual trust between private server owners.(Consider the origins of this community.)

Haven't done anything like this in a while, thanks for that opportunity.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197929 Re: Character Transfer Option?

Honestly it's just not worth the effort, just let them create a new character lol.

EDIT: If I understand you correctly then you want to transfer over the stats from ANOTHER server to yours right? So imagine that stats/levels are easy to get on that specific server and that characters are way OP compared to other servers, you would transfer those stats to your server and then your server's become unbalanced.

8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197930 Re: Character Transfer Option?
Hollows posted: (17th Sep 2015, 04:07 pm)

Honestly it's just not worth the effort, just let them create a new character lol.

EDIT: If I understand you correctly then you want to transfer over the stats from ANOTHER server to yours right? So imagine that stats/levels are easy to get on that specific server and that characters are way OP compared to other servers, you would transfer those stats to your server and then your server's become unbalanced.

Na I don't, I don't even have a server or want one. :P 

This was just a question/conversation piece that I wanted to start up.
---
8 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #197946 Re: Character Transfer Option?

You'd also have to think about stuff like:

What if the name is already on another character on the second server?

What if your gear isn't compatible?

Not to mention the amount of gold being brought over on the characters would affect the game massively ( what server doesn't use ID 1 for currency?)

Something like this would only work I you had two versions of the same game, like a EU and US server of the same game

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197948 Re: Character Transfer Option?
callum posted: (18th Sep 2015, 01:11 pm)

You'd also have to think about stuff like:

What if the name is already on another character on the second server?

What if your gear isn't compatible?

Not to mention the amount of gold being brought over on the characters would affect the game massively ( what server doesn't use ID 1 for currency?)

Something like this would only work I you had two versions of the same game, like a EU and US server of the same game

Or the only thing transferred was the name and the level, but the items stayed on the previous server
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197949 Re: Character Transfer Option?

server 1 - item id 10 = Peasant Suit; server 2 - item id 10 = Admin Robes or high stat armor.

If you were going to do a transfer it would have to be the character only, not including items / spells / etc.

I could see the possibility for transferring a character between one account to another account in the same server for buying / selling accounts if you wanted to allow that. Other servers is not a good idea.

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197950 Re: Character Transfer Option?
xsepx posted: (18th Sep 2015, 04:36 pm)

server 1 - item id 10 = Peasant Suit; server 2 - item id 10 = Admin Robes or high stat armor.

If you were going to do a transfer it would have to be the character only, not including items / spells / etc.

I could see the possibility for transferring a character between one account to another account in the same server for buying / selling accounts if you wanted to allow that. Other servers is not a good idea.

If one was running more than one server on the same system, theoretically they could modify the code in EOSERV to allow multiple servers to pull the same account/character data and keep inventories separate if they wanted. But then there would be the problem of having the same character logged in at the same time on multiple servers using the same tables.
---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197951 Re: Character Transfer Option?

I would do it like MapleStory,

they have different worlds but you can only use 1 character per that world, I would put an option to transfer characters between worlds but that would be the extent of that.

Between two different servers owned by two different people wouldn't be a good idea. They would have to use the same password salt as well if they were going to.

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197953 Re: Character Transfer Option?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems pointless to have character transfer between servers. I don't see any way or reason this could be, or should be done. I don't think it makes sense to have the same character/stats on multiple servers. It's like jumping ahead when you've done nothing on a server. You could be lvl 100 on one server, than hop onto another server you've never played, and be lvl 100. It makes no sense to me. That's just my thoughts about this.

It's kind of unrelated, but kind of not? I think what would be cool is a way to have an account bound bank. One single bank that every character on the account shares. I'd love to see that. =D

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197968 Re: Character Transfer Option?
shayne posted: (18th Sep 2015, 09:30 pm)

Maybe it's just me, but it seems pointless to have character transfer between servers. I don't see any way or reason this could be, or should be done. I don't think it makes sense to have the same character/stats on multiple servers. It's like jumping ahead when you've done nothing on a server. You could be lvl 100 on one server, than hop onto another server you've never played, and be lvl 100. It makes no sense to me. That's just my thoughts about this.

It's kind of unrelated, but kind of not? I think what would be cool is a way to have an account bound bank. One single bank that every character on the account shares. I'd love to see that. =D

It bring's in new people to the server who don't want to start over on the generic quests and gameplay. It's the reason games like MU do it, people don't like starting over on another private server just because the one they are currently playing went to shit. 

@Sep and @Cal
Item's and such never xfer with character transfers that I've seen on games.. Nor does the name sometimes it's just stats and alot of the time it's not even full stats just enough for them to feel like they aren't newb. 

On alot of games you just make the char, then submit info and absolute proof that u own a character on a diff p server that has so much stats then the creator goes and checks that servers exp rates and does the proper stating to fit the new server minus reborns. 
---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #197991 Re: Character Transfer Option?
kodyt posted: (19th Sep 2015, 12:08 am)

shayne posted: (18th Sep 2015, 09:30 pm)

It bring's in new people to the server who don't want to start over on the generic quests and gameplay. It's the reason games like MU do it, people don't like starting over on another private server just because the one they are currently playing went to shit. 

@Sep and @Cal
Item's and such never xfer with character transfers that I've seen on games.. Nor does the name sometimes it's just stats and alot of the time it's not even full stats just enough for them to feel like they aren't newb. 

On alot of games you just make the char, then submit info and absolute proof that u own a character on a diff p server that has so much stats then the creator goes and checks that servers exp rates and does the proper stating to fit the new server minus reborns. 

There aren't even any good servers atm, BU and FE you level up to fast. Eo main clone is just the same old eo which I dont understand why people still play. There isn't 1 balanced server with new content, lots of quests and well thought out maps.
---
Siggy
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Character Transfer Option?