EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > I made a bridge :D
Page: << 1 2 >>
I made a bridge :D
Post #197819 I made a bridge :D

yay

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #197820 Re: I made a bridge :D

That windows logo gfx looks too legit for Arvid's work. 

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #197824 Re: I made a bridge :D

emf2png <---- Yay

Nice bridge though. I wish there were better mapping GFX in the EO client. You should try adding some sort of supports along the underside of the bridge, if you can find anything that will fit.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #197825 Re: I made a bridge :D

That bridge looks niiiiice.

---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #197830 Re: I made a bridge :D

That bridge......... IS SO PRETTY! OMG

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #197831 Re: I made a bridge :D

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #197835 Re: I made a bridge :D

thanks guys- yea i know i am a BEAST bridge maker

no applause necessary- just throw money.

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #197836 Re: I made a bridge :D

-throws seeds-

---
8 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #198000 Re: I made a bridge :D

This is just me showing how you could make support beams on bridges. The tree is there to hide that wall piece going over the grass due to there not being a ground tile of that wall in the needed direction for it to not go over the grass. Another fix without hiding it would be to not put the support beams so close to the land, but I made the map too small so decided to just hide it instead.

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198002 Re: I made a bridge :D
Acemasta posted: (21st Sep 2015, 10:10 am)

This is just me showing how you could make support beams on bridges. The tree is there to hide that wall piece going over the grass due to there not being a ground tile of that wall in the needed direction for it to not go over the grass. Another fix without hiding it would be to not put the support beams so close to the land, but I made the map too small so decided to just hide it instead.

Thats the problem I face with a lot of my advanced elevations maps. The lack of cut tiles and wall gfx sticking over ground tiles make it so that I sometimes use "Top" tiles or trees/crates to cover them up. Frankily its mainly the lack of ground tiles (cut to look like walls, etc.) that cause issues.
---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198004 Re: I made a bridge :D
Misca posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 12:05 am)

Acemasta posted: (21st Sep 2015, 10:10 am)

Thats the problem I face with a lot of my advanced elevations maps. The lack of cut tiles and wall gfx sticking over ground tiles make it so that I sometimes use "Top" tiles or trees/crates to cover them up. Frankily its mainly the lack of ground tiles (cut to look like walls, etc.) that cause issues.

I come across that problem often myself, but I certainly wouldn't use top tiles unless I was making this map purely to show it to someone. Top tiles will make it look somewhat decent but unfortunately it won't look so good in-game, especially when your character is about to cross a bridge and suddenly they're hidden underneath the ground. That's why using objects to hide stuff like that tends to be better.
---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198005 Re: I made a bridge :D

mhm

---
Extending one hand for helping is important than holding two hands for prayer.
~ Cloud ~
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198006 Re: I made a bridge :D
ayush posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 09:34 am)

mhm

Hey these are very nice and very creative! Good job. However I did notice a couple of problems.

I'll take this image for example. It's start from right to left.

Right Circle
Nothing too complicated, I just feel as though your bridge is... too thin? I would place a wall underneath there to make it look more like a bridge, and as if it's supported really well.

Center and Left Circle
Now, my only issues here are your placement of the shadows. They're 1 tile off. These shadows would normally be placed directly under the bridges. Also, that shadow in between the center circle and the right circle should not be there at all.

These same things apply to your last image. If you fix these I believe your map would look far more appealing. Nice work!
---
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198007 Re: I made a bridge :D
ayush posted: (22nd Sep 2015, 09:34 am)

mhm

I haven't seen u around before, welcome!

I really love ur maps, i can tell ur the kinda person to think outside the box. However the map is purely cosmetic and u wouldn't beable to walk on itand have it functioning correctly once placed into a server.

the 2nd and 3rd maps r my fave tho 

---
exactly what you do!
8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198013 Re: I made a bridge :D

Anyone remember when half of the server was sitting on the bridge not allowing people to pass through and Arvid went ban crazy? that was awesome.. Idk why but your image reminded me of it. Lol

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > I made a bridge :D