EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Taking requests for code
Page: << 1 >>
Taking requests for code
Post #197654 Taking requests for code

I'm bored and feel like coding. Anyone got a server code they want?

---
stay tuned.
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197656 Re: Taking requests for code

I know this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to have a walk speed rate increase via item, or another method? As others have said this would be useful for arena, but could also be useful for pk, other situations.

Edit- I don't mean it exactly like that, but some way in which you either can get a random speed buff every x amount of seconds, or indefinitaley. Wether from having an item equipped, or using a potion/ item, ect. I've always liked that idea, I know it may be hard, or not possible however. =/ 

Double Edit- I would assume you could somehow change the walk rate (in the config) to strictly effect an item. Basically a new/ separate walk rate that can effect a specific player, using that specific item with walk rate increase (if that makes any sense to you).

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197657 Re: Taking requests for code
shayne posted: (28th Aug 2015, 01:46 am)

I know this has been mentioned before, but would it be possible to have a walk speed rate increase via item, or another method? As others have said this would be useful for arena, but could also be useful for pk, other situations.

Edit- I don't mean it exactly like that, but some way in which you either can get a random speed buff every x amount of seconds, or indefinitaley. Wether from having an item equipped, or using a potion/ item, ect. I've always liked that idea, I know it may be hard, or not possible however. =/ 

Double Edit- I would assume you could somehow change the walk rate (in the config) to strictly effect an item. Basically a new/ separate walk rate that can effect a specific player, using that specific item with walk rate increase.

I have something like that actually. Basically its to run away (helpful in PK) you use a potion and you speed 5-9 tiles really fast and then back to normal. Is that good?
---
stay tuned.
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197658 Re: Taking requests for code
andrewbob1 posted: (28th Aug 2015, 01:55 am)

Double Edit- I would assume you could somehow change the walk rate (in the config) to strictly effect an item. Basically a new/ separate walk rate that can effect a specific player, using that specific item with walk rate increase.

I have something like that actually. Basically its to run away (helpful in PK) you use a potion and you speed 5-9 tiles really fast and then back to normal. Is that good?
I am not saying this idea specifically for myself first off, and I appreciate that people like you do requests like this. Keep in mind I am not trying to be rude, or make this over complicated, simply suggestions!

In my opinion the way you are suggesting is a little bit hacky. I like this concept overall, I just think it could be done in a better way, instead of skipping entire tiles. I personally think having an actual walk rate you could set for a potion, ect would be the best way to do this, if even possible, which I think it is? I am sure people would still be happy with tile skipping, but there certainly must be a better way like with walk rate? 

---
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197659 Re: Taking requests for code
shayne posted: (28th Aug 2015, 02:02 am)

I am not saying this idea specifically for myself first off, and I appreciate that people like you do requests like this. Keep in mind I am not trying to be rude, or make this over complicated, simply suggestions!

In my opinion the way you are suggesting is a little bit hacky. I like this concept overall, I just think it could be done in a better way, instead of skipping entire tiles. I personally think having an actual walk rate you could set for a potion, ect would be the best way to do this, if even possible, which I think it is? I am sure people would still be happy with tile skipping, but there certainly must be a better way like with walk rate? 

Maybe, yeah. I'll see what I can do. if you got skype add me: the.only.rubenator
---
stay tuned.
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197660 Re: Taking requests for code

I'm not really sure if this is plausible, but since the karma system is basically useless in endless online (not really sure if it's server side); but I always thought it would be cool to give use to it in a way of using it as another stat for better %'s of gaining drops or something along that line that isn't already a stat itself; or you can use it a logical way and make it so karma is used for discounts from shops from your good reputation of doing all the quests from X area.

8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197661 Re: Taking requests for code
andrewbob1 posted: (28th Aug 2015, 02:05 am)

shayne posted: (28th Aug 2015, 02:02 am)

Maybe, yeah. I'll see what I can do. if you got skype add me: the.only.rubenator
I don't have Skype currently, sorry. I'll have to look into getting it. Don't worry if you decide not to attempt this, I just thought it would be a great addition and gameplay enhancer for EOServ.

Colby- I do like this idea as well for the karma system, I feel it would be possible, but fairly complicated to do. It definitely is something that needs to be looked into and completed I think though!

I'm going to have to start learning to code for EOServ, and in general.. Such a daunting task to though, but it isn't suppose to be easy I guess. I'd just love to be able to code new and unique features, and help out EOServ development. =d / :(

---
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197684 Re: Taking requests for code

how about a code for an event system that transforms the admin into a nigh impossible to kill person and whoever kills said admin gets an item ;) or something idk

8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197827 Re: Taking requests for code
disaster posted: (28th Aug 2015, 07:33 am)

how about a code for an event system that transforms the admin into a nigh impossible to kill person and whoever kills said admin gets an item ;) or something idk

Turns the admin into a boss that can only hit once every 5 seconds!!
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #199489 Re: Taking requests for code

Code me a full on server, then i'll love you forever. I'm lazy asf too code anything.

---
Wtf
8 years, 11 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Taking requests for code