EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
Page: << 1 2 >>
Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
Post #197545 Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

Besides FE, EE, BU and now the Main clone.......... is there ever gonna be another popular server? Is anyone even working on one at the moment? Don't advertise as thats against the rules, but a simple yes/no would suffice. I've been hopping between all the servers and not a one of them just recaptures my attention i once had with this game and it seems that development is nearing the end of its life-cycle.  No private server wars anymore, no imagination or new creative ideas have been added to the mix in awhile. What gives?

8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197546 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

Yes.

---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197547 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

You forgot Stava's, but the fact of the matter is, is that the actual pop (Once you remove all the bots), is about 100 people, and about half of that are active. 

But yeah, once Aureus comes out that'll pretty much be the only thing I stay on since I only go on main once every 3-4 months. 

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197549 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

Projects are randomly posted on Treos now and again, but nothing clever. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197551 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

Most people are just focusing on improving their own server instead of focusing on a ''server war''. Other than that you should also keep in mind that there are limits due to the client. Honestly what makes a good server to me are beautiful maps, a good story, lovely quests and low balanced stats. Custom graphics are nice but not a must. But when it comes to adding AOE, spamming effects etc, that ruins the experience for me. Servers can be a lot of fun by simply using the standard options provided by the latest eoserv revisions.

EDIT: Remember, it's an EO emulator. New ideas should ''normally'' be added to your own custom game :D

8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197562 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

There are quite a lot of new servers underworks that have not yet been publicly available as of yet. But other than that what hollow said pretty much sums of why.

@austinb ;)

- frost

---
a.k.a Frost
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197563 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
AustinB posted: (23rd Aug 2015, 07:06 am)

Yes.

Long time no see
---
stay tuned.
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197564 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
Hollows posted: (23rd Aug 2015, 10:22 am)

Most people are just focusing on improving their own server instead of focusing on a ''server war''. Other than that you should also keep in mind that there are limits due to the client. Honestly what makes a good server to me are beautiful maps, a good story, lovely quests and low balanced stats. Custom graphics are nice but not a must. But when it comes to adding AOE, spamming effects etc, that ruins the experience for me. Servers can be a lot of fun by simply using the standard options provided by the latest eoserv revisions.

EDIT: Remember, it's an EO emulator. New ideas should ''normally'' be added to your own custom game :D

Completely agree with this.
---
Siggy
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197565 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
andrewbob1 posted: (24th Aug 2015, 12:01 am)

AustinB posted: (23rd Aug 2015, 07:06 am)

Yes.

Long time no see

It has been awhile, young chap.
---
Create your own destiny, don't let someone else do it for you.
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197573 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
Misca posted: (23rd Aug 2015, 07:08 am)

You forgot Stava's, but the fact of the matter is, is that the actual pop (Once you remove all the bots), is about 100 people, and about half of that are active. 

But yeah, once Aureus comes out that'll pretty much be the only thing I stay on since I only go on main once every 3-4 months. 

AO's coming back?
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197580 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

I see..... i've checked Apollo's SLN in hopes of finding some new server idea's but have come up empty handed. I myself am also working on something of the sort. In fact, even though its not complete as of yet, as im still figuring out how to work the host i have gotten!

8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197738 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

I decided to start my server again continue where I left off PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR IT !!!! :D

wont say name ^^

---
"With your feet steady and firm on the ground soar high and ignore limitations"  -Bladex
EOSERV Class : Pixel Artist, Grammar Nazi, Server Owner, Mapping Artist, Server Coder, Test Player,
The Game Maker
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197739 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
Hacker_Alex posted: (24th Aug 2015, 01:38 pm)

Misca posted: (23rd Aug 2015, 07:08 am)

AO's coming back?

Not AO like you remember it, it's not going to be a EO Private server but a whole new game made from scratch inspired by eo. 
These are the teasers that the post, but I still have doubts that it will happen. lol. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #197803 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?

I really wanted to make a pserver but dont know how to get the actual server part up xD

made all these maps and quests and now cant do anything with em

Hollows posted: (23rd Aug 2015, 10:22 am)

we should make a server together. u seem to be the only one who gets it.

ppl dont understand that mismatching graphics and rebirthing 100 times isn't fun.

we on the same page. completely. 

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 34 weeks ago
Post #197811 Re: Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?
Moonie posted: (7th Sep 2015, 05:11 pm)

ppl dont understand that mismatching graphics and rebirthing 100 times isn't fun. 

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 34 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Is there ever going to be a new option for private servers?