EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Do These Maps Look Good Together? ( My Servers Map Pack )
Page: << 1 >>
Do These Maps Look Good Together? ( My Servers Map Pack )
Post #197459 Do These Maps Look Good Together? ( My Servers Map Pack )

I don't mean to advertise my server with its name in the title... But I really wanted to show u guys these maps and didnt wnt to make a whole different video with a different name lol. Here, watch the video!:

Video (CLICK ME)

I want to know if these maps have a good theme together. And if they seem like they would give a "nostalgic" feeling like a lot of EO maps give...Thats what im aiming for anyways.

8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197461 Re: Do These Maps Look Good Together? ( My Servers Map Pack )

They look good, however, the brick pathway comes in very randomly (in my opinion) and then comes back to dirt path near your beach. I personally think you should stick to the dirt pathway. As for your Aqua Ville, maybe add a port-type area just before you enter that map to give the players an idea of what to expect?

The beach looks fine, but I don't think a beach's water consists of pools, but rather they consist of an ocean. Maybe put an ocean in there and it will look fine.

The cave and the indoor maps I can't tell where they're linked to. Where are these placed?

Beach->Monkeys is near perfect.

That big ass map is most definitely a big ass map. Does the client support it? I'm sure it would be incredibly laggy.

Stopped watching after that.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197467 Re: Do These Maps Look Good Together? ( My Servers Map Pack )

Not going to go into too much detail but...

Just remember, the amount of objects on the floor will ALWAYS feel a lot more cluttered when you are in the game. I usually limit it to 1 object every 3 tiles because you have to remember, the window shows about 100 tiles at once. Everything in EO (For the most part) was evenly spaced out, except in some maps like new swamp which was a clusterfuck of walls.

Keep in mind the map theme. On your first map there's a random swamp tree in there and the whole dark bushes/bamboo trees clash against one another. Sure, I bet you could rearrange some objects and it would look fantastic. 

On the other hand, maps like that first big city seem oddly blank. Yeah, you put in a lot of trees and the grass elevators(To show elevation differences such as the ramp near Springs/Nutvipers), but the map is feeling oddly blank other than that. Flowers, fences, occasional benches, pub boards, etc.

**(Area about that Checkered place in Town w/ the statues is a good example of what I define as spacing and not being too cluttered)

Side note, there are other ways to angle the cave entrances other than \. It's a pain in the ass to get down but I'm sure you'll figure it out.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Do These Maps Look Good Together? ( My Servers Map Pack )