Page: << 1 >>
Player NPCS
Post #197313 Player NPCS

(pserver idea)

I think it would be cool to have NPCS modeled after old eo players and give out special quests to players

my question is, can u dress up an eo avatar rl quick and make that a NPC by any chance, or would i have to pixel it from scratch?

im guessing by scratch but omfg that is so much work

oh and does anyone know where i can find that eo avatar maker where u can dress up ur eo character however u like and make it ur sig??

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197314 Re: Player NPCS

It can be done. Me and Terry actually modeled NPCs after ourselves on Blackwater Park, we went to an area of one of the maps that was all black and took screenshots of our characters in each one of the animation stages, then threw them all into the correct sequence in the graphics files and created NPCs out of them. It actually worked out better than we were expecting.

---
May he now rest under aegis of mirage -
As the sands slowly turn to Elysian fields
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197315 Re: Player NPCS
Syran posted: (10th Aug 2015, 02:41 pm)

It can be done. Me and Terry actually modeled NPCs after ourselves on Blackwater Park, we went to an area of one of the maps that was all black and took screenshots of our characters in each one of the animation stages, then threw them all into the correct sequence in the graphics files and created NPCs out of them. It actually worked out better than we were expecting.

REALLY?? u r fuckin brilliant xD now all i see is screenies of all these ppl i wanna add in as npcs O_O

Mobmfs is one of them, cant even remeber wtf his armor is called its ben so long O_O

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197317 Re: Player NPCS

This might sound odd and I'm sorry if it's a stupid idea xd.. But what about using fake characters for this? Sort of how Hollow added in a fake char for the EOS bot? You wouldn't be able to just click them and get a quest, but I'm pretty sure you could make them walk around and stuff ;o?

You'd be able to change the appearance of the AI without needing to change the whole GFX sheet, the only thing is it'd be a character and not a NPC to the client.

8 years, 37 weeks ago
Post #197318 Re: Player NPCS
callum posted: (10th Aug 2015, 04:46 pm)

This might sound odd and I'm sorry if it's a stupid idea xd.. But what about using fake characters for this? Sort of how Hollow added in a fake char for the EOS bot? You wouldn't be able to just click them and get a quest, but I'm pretty sure you could make them walk around and stuff ;o?

You'd be able to change the appearance of the AI without needing to change the whole GFX sheet, the only thing is it'd be a character and not a NPC to the client.

That'd be cool to to have fake players like "Darkmortal' 'slept' ect just walking around town square or w.e

but i wouldnt even know how to do this xD am just really an idea person

---
exactly what you do!
8 years, 37 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>