EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Eosource quest writing help
Page: << 1 >>
Eosource quest writing help
Post #197157 Eosource quest writing help

Hey could anyone tell me whats wrong with the quest, I know its broken after the IsGender and the problems somewhere there but I cant find it?

http://pastebin.com/BAmJmXMN

---
Siggy
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197158 Re: Eosource quest writing help

Can you check if you got an error? Usually gives you a hint where to look/what to look for.

---
Tire me.
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197159 Re: Eosource quest writing help

I found one of the mistake and it was when I put AddNpcInput(1, instead of AddNpcInput(2 when the quest ID is 2, this mistake was in the state GotCrops.

As for the error I get it is quest 2 not found marked as inactive.

---
Siggy
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197162 Re: Eosource quest writing help

This would be considered a general quest error. If you're aiming towards seeking help from the EOSource community, I think you should visit there. 

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197164 Re: Eosource quest writing help
apple posted: (2nd Aug 2015, 11:45 pm)

I found one of the mistake and it was when I put AddNpcInput(1, instead of AddNpcInput(2 when the quest ID is 2, this mistake was in the state GotCrops.

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to make sure in the config you have changed the amount of quests it will read. I'm not sure what the default is but it's worth checking.

Also for the InputNpc rules you shouldn't use the same number more than once in a quest, even if it's in a different state. (I think, i could be wrong but I always do it). What I mean is, the code for InputNpc is:

action  AddNpcInput(2,InputNumber,"NpcInput choice goes here");

rule    InputNpc(InputNpc number goes here) goto NextStateNameGoesHere

You used "1" as the InputNumber in every one of your AddNpcInput/InputNpc-ending states. Try using 2, 3, 4, etc.

Also I could be completely wrong, but eh

---
Tire me.
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197165 Re: Eosource quest writing help
Mouse posted: (3rd Aug 2015, 12:31 am)

apple posted: (2nd Aug 2015, 11:45 pm)

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head is to make sure in the config you have changed the amount of quests it will read. I'm not sure what the default is but it's worth checking.

Also for the InputNpc rules you shouldn't use the same number more than once in a quest, even if it's in a different state. (I think, i could be wrong but I always do it). What I mean is, the code for InputNpc is:

action  AddNpcInput(2,InputNumber,"NpcInput choice goes here");

rule    InputNpc(InputNpc number goes here) goto NextStateNameGoesHere

You used "1" as the InputNumber in every one of your AddNpcInput/InputNpc-ending states. Try using 2, 3, 4, etc.

Also I could be completely wrong, but eh

I was told the inputnumber resets after every state so its safe to use 1,2 and the quest was working before but it broke after I rewrote it due to the fact that it wasn't removing the items I wanted.
---
Siggy
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197167 Re: Eosource quest writing help

Input numbers are basically option links. It is common in official quests for an input ID to be reused in the same state. An example of this might be a quest state with 2 seperate NPC's having different dialog but the same option link. Also, links in the official quests sometimes do nothing to move the state, but different from EOSERV may activate other actions in the begin state. According to newer quests, an option link triggers actions to complete in the begin state such as ShowHint("Reward:..."). I may put up a nice example of this as one of the Pyramid quests use some pretty nice examples of how to make quests feature multiple NPC's and goal branches. Hopefully down the road I can get Sausage to support more main-accurate quest handling to ensure it emulates main perfectly, minus the fuckload of Vult-r typos of course.

8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197187 Re: Eosource quest writing help

Could you post your error?

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197215 Re: Eosource quest writing help

I fixed the quest, I was missing a ) in there somewhere

---
Siggy
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>