EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Some maps I made
Page: << 1 >>
Some maps I made
Post #197031 Some maps I made

Some maps I made for a server but I got fired cause I was a "conceited douche bag." Just asked him to add some warps but ehh I guess.

Butterfly Map

Unfinished Village

Ocean Town

4 Way Intersection

Pathway

---
Siggy
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197032 Re: Some maps I made

You fucking douche bag. 

Good maps though. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197034 Re: Some maps I made

Unfinished Village

There's no paths leading to the houses. Imagine irl, if people walked to a certain destination enough, the exact same way, it would eventually leave a path. Same goes for the rest of your maps. Large amount of unused space too. Try putting a market in there. That crop field could do with some crops too.

Or you can put an actual pathway to those houses, considering it's a village.

Ocean Town

Far too much unused space. Also, the house on the far right isn't built correctly. I like the water, however.

4-Way Intersection

Awfully plain map. Overuse of objects in the water and it almost looks... ''dirty'' or ''littered''. There's also no pathway to the bridge. How are people supposed to know it's there?

Pathway

Same problem. It's plain, littered and there's not a lot of unused space. There's also no pathway between the bridges. You gotta give people a path to follow.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197038 Re: Some maps I made

@Nurd 
I hate maps that have a road/path to every fucking thing. That's unreal and takes out the mystery of what you may find by looking. Lazy ass people. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197040 Re: Some maps I made
Nurd posted: (26th Jul 2015, 10:18 pm)

Unfinished Village

There's no paths leading to the houses. Imagine irl, if people walked to a certain destination enough, the exact same way, it would eventually leave a path. Same goes for the rest of your maps. Large amount of unused space too. Try putting a market in there. That crop field could do with some crops too.

Or you can put an actual pathway to those houses, considering it's a village.

Ocean Town

Far too much unused space. Also, the house on the far right isn't built correctly. I like the water, however.

4-Way Intersection

Awfully plain map. Overuse of objects in the water and it almost looks... ''dirty'' or ''littered''. There's also no pathway to the bridge. How are people supposed to know it's there?

Pathway

Same problem. It's plain, littered and there's not a lot of unused space. There's also no pathway between the bridges. You gotta give people a path to follow.

How can a map be plain and "dirty and littered" and I thats why the said the village is unfinished. I dont understand what you think I can add to the grass map with normal eo gfx that wouldn't be totally out of place

And the maps may look plain cause they're zoomed all the way out its not like that in game or map editor

---
Siggy
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197042 Re: Some maps I made

I really love the maps, reminds me of one of my personal favorite map artist. Clean and straight to the point, but not cluttered with useless objects.

8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197061 Re: Some maps I made

New map, tried to do "less clutter" as nurd said

---
Siggy
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197063 Re: Some maps I made

Hey Apple. Overall, it looks pretty good, however I think you could improve it. This is what I think

-The clutter/detail around the grass areas, is near perfect. Looks like you got a nice balance (not too little/ Not too much/ good mixed variety)

-The water areas seem a little bland in my opinion. I wouldn't put much detail/objects there, but a little more than what is currently there. 

-Either than that, there are a few incorrect tiles that need to be fixed throughout.

Overall, I like the look/layout of it, and it just needs slight improvements. Good job.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
8 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #197121 Re: Some maps I made

New map and before you say it looks plain open it in a new tab and zoom in

---
Siggy
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197141 Re: Some maps I made

Looking much better. Nice job.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #197476 Re: Some maps I made

A few easy fixes:

Butterfly map:

Too much empty space

Unfinished Village:

The farm area is too big for the map and just makes it look bad being so large and empty.

There's also too many trees in the right side of the map.

The dirt roads could really use the darker /inner dirt tiles in the mapper.

Ocean Town:

Again, too many trees and too much open space.

4 way intersection + pathway:

Too many trees and flower tiles. Looks like something from the wizard of Oz with all those flowers.

Would love to see some updated versions of these maps.

Edit: "How can a map be plain and "dirty and littered" and I thats why the said the village is unfinished. I dont understand what you think I can add to the grass map with normal eo gfx that wouldn't be totally out of place" 

As for that comment, I can see why you may have been fired. You don't take well to criticism. If you can't learn to take it as something needed to get better at mapping then there's not a point in doing it if you're going to get hurt/sassy every time and not try to change the way you map a little but to possibly get better results and learn from mistakes.

Also, the regular eo gfx can do GREAT things as I, as well as many members of this community, have seen several times. Your own imagination and experimentation with the tiles/objects is the problem, not the eo gfx.

Take this as you will. It is meant as constructive criticism, but you may take it as you choose.

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197480 Re: Some maps I made
PANDAMONIOM posted: (17th Aug 2015, 09:44 pm)

A few easy fixes:

Butterfly map:

Too much empty space

Unfinished Village:

The farm area is too big for the map and just makes it look bad being so large and empty.

Ocean Town:

Too many trees and flower tiles. Looks like something from the wizard of Oz with all those flowers.

Edit: "How can a map be plain and "dirty and littered" and I thats why the said the village is unfinished. I dont understand what you think I can add to the grass map with normal eo gfx that wouldn't be totally out of place" 

As for that comment, I can see why you may have been fired. You don't take well to criticism. If you can't learn to take it as something needed to get better at mapping then there's not a point in doing it if you're going to get hurt/sassy every time and not try to change the way you map a little but to possibly get better results and learn from mistakes.

Also, the regular eo gfx can do GREAT things as I, as well as many members of this community, have seen several times. Your own imagination and experimentation with the tiles/objects is the problem, not the eo gfx.

Take this as you will. It is meant as constructive criticism, but you may take it as you choose.

Just because I ask a question about a comment doesn't mean "Not taking well to criticism"  
---
Siggy
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197485 Re: Some maps I made
apple posted: (17th Aug 2015, 10:31 pm)

A few easy fixes:

Butterfly map:

Too much empty space

Unfinished Village:

Ocean Town:

Just because I ask a question about a comment doesn't mean "Not taking well to criticism"  
"How can a map be plain and "dirty and littered" " That was the question. The rest of it, since emotion isn't something that can be seen through text, was/came off as you trying to fend him off.
---
Something I do instead of sleeping
8 years, 36 weeks ago
Post #197998 Re: Some maps I made

Probably really late on replying, but I have a few things to include with what they're saying above.

Something to know about mushrooms is that they usually don't grow in the middle of grassy areas and more so around trees. Some of the maps you execute this really well, but others there's a lot of them randomly placed everywhere.

On your paths, there's also absolutely no dirt or anything on them, which is odd for being dirt based paths. People would be walking off and on the paths to and from grassy areas often which would end up leaving dirt tracks all over. Also, the paths can also have the darker ground tiles that would make them look less plain as well.

On a lot of these maps that include water has near perfect execution of detail, but then looking at your butterfly map, there's almost absolutely none.

On that docks village map, I strongly feel like the docks area could definitely be dwindled down a bit and have more land surrounding it as well as a way onto the land from the docks bridge areas. Which I'm sure you have it leading to land on the next map over, or wherever it needs to be done at, but it's nice to actually show it happening on the map itself that it leads to land rather than a nap transition leading it to land for you.

8 years, 31 weeks ago
Post #198099 Re: Some maps I made
PANDAMONIOM posted: (18th Aug 2015, 01:39 am)

apple posted: (17th Aug 2015, 10:31 pm)

A few easy fixes:

Butterfly map:

Too much empty space

Unfinished Village:

Ocean Town:

"How can a map be plain and "dirty and littered" " That was the question. The rest of it, since emotion isn't something that can be seen through text, was/came off as you trying to fend him off.

You can't advertise maplestory on here.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
8 years, 30 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Some maps I made