EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Server Idea: Planet Sceury
Page: << 1 >>
Server Idea: Planet Sceury
Post #196938 Server Idea: Planet Sceury

Introduction:

A game of endless balance & possibilities. Many game restrictions but at the same time everything is unlimited. A completely class-based, quest-based, and player-based game that strives off balance in stats and most importantly gameplay. We aim towards creating an original, nostalgic, detailed, and massive game that can fit hundreds or even thousands of people online. To accomplish this, we must abandon the hack and slash concept of EO that everybody has been so well adapted to. Server owners started worrying more about their players leaving than creating great gameplay, so they increased EXP rates and drop rates, along with creating new items, maps, and graphics because original EO players get sick and tired of the same thing. That's where Project: Planet Sceury shines bright in the spotlight.

We want to revive the originality of Endless Online while at the same time creating a completely different game. We are basically starting off where the original EO staff left off. Taking the nostalgic features they already had, and then adding tons of new ones to completely enhance the gameplay and bring back the hundreds and thousands of players that used to inhabit this game. This is exactly how we will accomplish this mission:

Players in all games thrive off other players: if there aren't many players online to interact with, the game becomes too boring. If there's too many players, the game becomes too crowded. We all get it; playing alone is boring. That's why we are introducing completely new features to the game that will significantly increase player interaction and most importantly player dedication. People will become more dedicated and passionate about a game once they have adapted to it and made some friends. Here are some of the features that are going to make this game time consuming, entertaining & very addicting ;)

Features:

- A Balanced Class-Based Game: No more warriors with bows and archers with magic; and there isn't one class better than the other anymore. Instead, we have made each class very special and unique, having its own abilities and restrictions. You can't just be a lone-wolf Warrior or Shaman. While you can still craft your own items, only Craftsman players can craft high grade items for your class. You will need to be friends with someone, know someone, or find someone who's a Craftsman who's either willing to craft you items for free, or if you pay them money. Only certain classes will be able to partake in the various quests around the world. In guilds, you will need a team of multiple classes because if you have too many members with the same class, then you won't be as powerful as a guild with mixed classes. Read more about classes below 'Features:'.

- Hardcore Open World PvP: everywhere except for in & around cities are completely open to PvP, and when you die; you lose your items...AND your character, it's straight up Perma Death! This encourages the formation of PvP guilds and guild wars. Guild wars is a main aspect of hardcore open world PvP.

- Territory Control: When guilds can take control of the territories of towns scattered across the globe and then can tax the inhabitants, setup vendors, and unlock new quests upon capturing a town.

- City Raids: When aggressive creatures/enemy mobs merge in waves to attack/kill players in cities. All cities and towns have a military to protect themselves against these attacks. People who join the military, or just regular people can participate in certain quests to help defend the city from the waves of the monsters in return for various rewards including EXP, gold, and items.

- A Vast World: with 4 different races to choose from; 4 different factions on all 4 sides of the map that you begin your journey in once you choose at the beginning of the game which faction you want to be born into. All 4 factions have their own unique specialties and players should choose which faction they want to join depending on which class they wish to pursue and advance, as some factions are better at training classes than others. One faction will be good at training Shamans & Workers, another will be for Rangers and Craftsman's. People can join a faction and pursue advancing any class, but if their faction doesn't specialize in the class they desire, they will have to travel far across the world in order to find the right quests to help them advance their class to the fullest.

- A Mystery: The game will be completely mysterious because nobody will ever know what the best weapon is, best armor, best potion, best spell, or best anything, because there is so much hidden treasure, athere will be so many areas to explore, so many quests to do, items to craft, and so many dungeons to raid. The quest storylines of all 4 factions will eventually link together once you go far enough into the quest, but all quests will always remain as some sort of mystery that can be later discovered.

- Storyline Quests & Side Jobs: Many quests throughout the world that offer side-jobs which give you more EXP, gold and rewards. There will be many quests for party members or guild members. So friends can quest together or choose to quest alone.

- Class Advancement: There are many side quests and potential storyline paths that allow players to advance their class will unlock new quests, new items, new maps, and more.

- Exploration: Exploring the world will be essential to do. There are dungeons to find, cities and towns to discover, hidden treasures, hidden NPC's, monsters, spells, shops, crafts, new and better mining areas, woodcutting areas, fishing areas, harvesting areas, and more.

8 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #196942 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury

Its a wonderfull Idea But.

Since this topic is in eo server building and not Game Projects.

i am going to think this is going to be based off server sided  "and the orig Client"?

i don't mean to be rude. but anyone that waste there Talents on the orig client is just wasting there Time anymore.

THE gAME CoUlDBe FrEsH,cOOl AND fUN aGAIN . "Just not with the orig client.

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
8 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #196945 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury

If something comes out of this make sure to hit me up lolss. 
If you have twitter hit me up on there if not just message me on here. Sounds interesting. 

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #196946 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury
make posted: (12th Jul 2015, 04:32 am)

Its a wonderfull Idea But.

Since this topic is in eo server building and not Game Projects.

i am going to think this is going to be based off server sided  "and the orig Client"?

i don't mean to be rude. but anyone that waste there Talents on the orig client is just wasting there Time anymore.

THE gAME CoUlDBe FrEsH,cOOl AND fUN aGAIN . "Just not with the orig client.

Yeahh... I will be funding a client later on. I'd love help from the EOSERV community though. As I know many might be interested and I believe if we utilize our skills and work together we can create something great :). I believe creating a whole new client will require a whole new server emulator too? And by then I hope to already have all new graphics for the game but still with that nostalgic vibe from EO, though it will be completely different with all of the features I have in mind. Kind of like EORemake I guess, but I think they strived more towards the same old EO hack and slash concept which really gets old after a while...I mean, that's one of the main reasons EO got boring and "old".

Introducing new things is the way to do it, and lots of servers did end up doing that but then again many servers died. Rena and Ananas did good jobs with their servers, those were two names out of many, and I think if all of these people worked on creating an uber server with its own client, gfx, and server emulator, then it wouldn't even be called a server anymore and it would be more like Aureas Online which is its own MMO now based on EO. They would actually make money off their game, and do it legally... They would create a completely advanced version of EO :).

An owner of a server called Adventures Online supposedly made a few thousand dollars from his server by selling memberships and other features and items. I think that's pretty fucking crazy. I think if Vult had a little bit more entrepreneur blood in him, he would have thought of something genius like that then to make lots of money from his game. But he was ignorant in marketing, he could only code, and then to only make money by the ads on the site :(--poor Vult. Well now maybe we could revive this whole thing if we actually worked on reviving it rather than sticking with the old concepts of EO we all hate, what a contradiction, isn't it? Maybe this whole community just fell into the hands of the wrong people and we failed to sustain it. Maybe if a larger amount of the population stuck to EO and kept it alive with many programmers, artists, etc., etc.. There's so many maybes. But what about faith? My faith in that all of the talented people in this community could evolve this whole thing into a different game than EO. Fuck Vult, his client, and his graphics. That's all over with. You guys are complaining about how this game is dead and broken? Well revive it. There sure as hell was enough people in the community years ago but they tended to stick to their own individual projects and only helped each other out here and there.

Endless Online isn't coming back, you're all right. That's why now we can just make a game based on Endless Online but completely new and advanced. Since when did people never like 2D games? Never, people do and always will love them. With a custom client, there are millions of possibilities that are unlocked, that is if there is a proper team working on it. I also think FE, BU, and other servers fucked up with all of their OP gear and stats, it's too much, it's private server-ish, which makes sense, because it's a private server. But if we want to have lots of players on our servers and make money, along with reviving the whole community, then if they strived towards a more nostalgic feeling like EO was with balanced stats and items, connected maps, quests, etc. then maybe they would have gotten a lot more players. I don't know...that's just my bad criticism I guess. But I deeply believe in that this whole thing can be revived :D.

I'm going to be working with the EO client and EOSERV until I manage to get enough attention from various gaming communities who would be interested in helping me work on this game: artists and programmers. I am getting money to invest in it in well, but that's in the future ( a few weeks ).
8 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #196952 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury

Might want to see how Ethan is doing on his client maybe you get hime to make you a branched off version with your own ideas added into it. 
https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 42 weeks ago
Post #196958 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury

Everything is stupid about this topic.

but the Classes system is ESPECIALLY retarded.

Over complicating simple shit like that is why servers like this never go anywhere.

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196961 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury
Moonie posted: (15th Jul 2015, 08:27 pm)

Over complicating simple shit like that is why servers like this never go anywhere.

Nah you're just too used to old EO. New players to the game will love the class system because people like unique games plus a challenge. The class system will make the perfect balance and challenge that everybody wants. The only servers that ended up failing were the ones who didn't overcomplicate it. The ones who stuck to the same old boring EO class systems. "Wise man", "make me warrior so I can hit high and archer so I can switch back to warrior and use bow and hit high" lol. The whole gameplay of EO and other EO servers that tried copying it are a complete failure and always will be until they decide to change something in gameplay. Ananas, Rena, etc. were the ones good at this. If they made an ultimately polished server with all the code, art, gameplay, website, client, and advertisements, then they would have gotten lots of players.
8 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196963 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury
lolss posted: (15th Jul 2015, 11:18 pm)

Nah you're just too used to old EO. New players to the game will love the class system because people like unique games plus a challenge. The class system will make the perfect balance and challenge that everybody wants. The only servers that ended up failing were the ones who didn't overcomplicate it. The ones who stuck to the same old boring EO class systems. "Wise man", "make me warrior so I can hit high and archer so I can switch back to warrior and use bow and hit high" lol. The whole gameplay of EO and other EO servers that tried copying it are a complete failure and always will be until they decide to change something in gameplay. Ananas, Rena, etc. were the ones good at this. If they made an ultimately polished server with all the code, art, gameplay, website, client, and advertisements, then they would have gotten lots of players.

I agree with this. Everything about eo needs to be changed because most of the servers I have played were pretty much "Endless Online" with custom pixels. Adding news things aren't that bad unless you add alot of complicated additions to them like sub classes. Majority of the people who join private servers are relatively young. Shit like that would confuse the hell out of the new, young players.

My only gripe with new private servers are the need to make a storyline out of them. The purpose of the original Eo was that it was suppose to be "Endless" you feel me? I feel like adding a story would limit the "Endless" part because a story that goes on forever with no satisfying ending would get pretty boring pretty fast. I feel like thats the only real asset that private servers should imitate from the original. The lack of a story.

---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196964 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury

Woah. That wasn't helpful at all!

I think Lolss wants to make a class system that actually means something. EO was an unfinished game and the class system left much to be desired. Let him take a crack at it. How does him succeeding or failing at making a server negatively impact you? 

@Lolss Alright, here are my qualms.

I think you are biting off more than you can chew. I think you should build the MVP (Minimum Viable Product) and then improve on it as needed. This content will take a serious amount of dedication. Otherwise, Cool ideas. Dream big!

---
Love you too.
8 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196965 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury
Redivivusnickos posted: (15th Jul 2015, 11:41 pm)

I agree with this. Everything about eo needs to be changed because most of the servers I have played were pretty much "Endless Online" with custom pixels. Adding news things aren't that bad unless you add alot of complicated additions to them like sub classes. Majority of the people who join private servers are relatively young. Shit like that would confuse the hell out of the new, young players.

My only gripe with new private servers are the need to make a storyline out of them. The purpose of the original Eo was that it was suppose to be "Endless" you feel me? I feel like adding a story would limit the "Endless" part because a story that goes on forever with no satisfying ending would get pretty boring pretty fast. I feel like thats the only real asset that private servers should imitate from the original. The lack of a story.

True. And I completely agree with you. I want to create a server with the "endless" aspect to it. Hack n slash gets WAY too boring. Sitting there grinding animals by holding ctrl, using the arrow keys, and clicking every now and then for picking up drops... It's just not fun anymore. That's why I'm introducing PVP, daily quests/side jobs, and many very long storylines which also unlock other various quests. I'm definitely interested in making a game with gameplay that is "endless". It won't be like "oh go kill these NPCs and come back to me for a reward", it will be much more complex and much more "endless". Because Ill have many realistic quests that allow you to repeat them or choose different routes of the quest which leads to new objectives and rewards.
8 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196966 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury
lolss posted: (16th Jul 2015, 12:07 am)

Redivivusnickos posted: (15th Jul 2015, 11:41 pm)

True. And I completely agree with you. I want to create a server with the "endless" aspect to it. Hack n slash gets WAY too boring. Sitting there grinding animals by holding ctrl, using the arrow keys, and clicking every now and then for picking up drops... It's just not fun anymore. That's why I'm introducing PVP, daily quests/side jobs, and many very long storylines which also unlock other various quests. I'm definitely interested in making a game with gameplay that is "endless". It won't be like "oh go kill these NPCs and come back to me for a reward", it will be much more complex and much more "endless". Because Ill have many realistic quests that allow you to repeat them or choose different routes of the quest which leads to new objectives and rewards.

Cool. Even though im making a server ill still play yours. Maybe we can help each
other out.
---
"Straight outta cago"
8 years, 41 weeks ago
Post #196967 Re: Server Idea: Planet Sceury

What the original Endless Online honestly lacked most was balancing, almost to the point where you probably could literally skip over most of the game's content or get stuck on the same content for weeks on end if you didn't have the time to put into it. So balancing the items, classes and exp would honestly not just make the game balanced, but improve the combat overall without really adding anything.

The thing is though, you're taking something amazing and adding restrictions back onto it and as most people know you're lucky to average 10 players on a server unless your name is Bones Underground or Fallen Evolution, as they're the original severs; People dedicated numerous hours into them and they probably don't want to give up now unless you can bring something truly amazing to the table. The idea itself seems good, but in theory it will fall flat and most people won't help each other as there won't be enough players to begin with. Once your server starts up, no one will want to play; because there is no one to do the content with making them probably leave instantly without maintaining any numbers at all. Unless you find a good balance between the two, but from what I read so far; you're adding restrictions.

Other than that, I think you have some really solid ideas and I can see the server being something wonderful, but I hope you give it some thought about what I said about adding restrictions to the player instead of content itself.

8 years, 41 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Server Idea: Planet Sceury