EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
Page: << 1 2 >>
Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
Post #196696 Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon

This is a server i had in mind for awhile but didnt get far with it because of the lack of knowledgeable people on TREOS. I dont know how to set up eoserv, get a host, portforward, ect, and there was noone to really ask on treos. I mean there was jimmy, but after Lucian banned him that was pretty much the end of that xD

I think if i can get the right people involved this can actually turn into a good server. 

So anyways,

Karmageddon is basically a server based on Endless-onlines story and community. I plan on having Custom NPCs made after some of the communities most well known players and admins that helped shape the community into what it is today. Without all of us there would be no endless, and i think this is an opportunity to kinda reflect on ourselves and this fucking game that we keep clinging to. 

Im going to try to keep this server as close to it's roots as possible but still manage to show you new things you haven't seen before. I think people focus to much on gfx and forget to utilize other aspects of the server. Hopefully i can get a good team together.

_KARMAGEDDON_

Intro: You; the god of karma and chaos, have been reawakened to restore peace and balance to the dying world of Endless. It's your job to restore the world back to normal before monsters and darkness consume it entirely.

I was thinking of having the player spawn with good wings in inventory because your a god. You start off on a map you cant warp out of with 1 quest NPC. After talking to the quest NPC (He'll say something along the lines of "it's your time..blah blah..You must save the world..blah blah..) You will be turned mortal (get your wings taken away.) And sent down into the world of Endless. (warped onto the actual first map- an apple farm.) From there your free to play the game as you like. Lvl restrictions will be very limited, and you'll have the freedom to explore the world at your own pace. 

_Currency_

-Gold- Used to buy goods at shops and trade with other players. dropped by monsters and received through quests. (Tradable)

-Chaos Crystal- Used to upgrade weapons and armor. All monsters have a 1% chance of dropping Chaos. (Tradable)

-Karma Orb- Obtained through helping citizens and doing quests. collect 99 Karma and craft a Power gem, Which gives 6 free Stat Points when used. (tradable) (power gem is lore)

_Maps_

Im the only mapper because i dont care for anyone elses maps. (except miscas and queens) I've made over 85 maps so far and have 51 of them numbered and working with NPC spawns and warps. They're small because the community is small, but because they're small i can make more of them in a quicker amount of time. 

The maps are pretty interactive and a big part of karmageddon. If the world isn't beautiful and interesting then people arent gonna wanna explore and play. That was one of the main things i did on eo as a newb, exploring all the maps and secret warp rooms was one the the best parts of eo and something alot of other pservers forget about. There's gonna be alot of maps activated though quests only, and hidden maps though out the world. So my advice would be to walk into random shit and click stuff, some items will give a description when you click on them.

_Pixels_ 

I either want to keep all original gfx and make everything easy, or replace all the out of date eo armors with armors that stava's made, if he gives me permission to. (i think he already did but it was so long ago that i could be making it up?) 

OR someone can remake all the outdated eo armors. Stava started doing that but i think he lost the sheets/never finished. https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/22369&p=1

Im also interested in a handful of custom NPCS modeled after famous eo players/admins that give custom quests when you talk to them. (Exp: Talking to Wickedfrost gives you a devil costume quest.) 

_Classes_

There will only be 3 Classes, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. You get to choose one when you're lvl 5 by talking to the Class Master. He'll give you a small quest before rewarding you with the class of your choice. You cannot change your class once you've picked it, so choose carefully.

_Warrior_ 

*Armor

*Sword

*Shield

*Most equiptment in game

*Cannot use spells

_Archer_

*Light armor

*Bow/gun

*Arrows

*Ranged attacks but least equiptment in game

Cannot use spells

_Mage_

*Spells

*Staff

*Robes

*Little to no physical attack but has damage and healing spells

_Quests_

Quest writing isn't hard and i can do em myself, but mapping an entire world + quest writing is alot of work. So i'd hire several Quest writers for anyone who's interested. Karmageddon is gonna be pretty quest heavy and i already have several quests written down, just have to turn them into actual quests lol.

One of my quest ideas was to make an "Eo Graveyard" and have tombstone that say "r.i.p Arvid, Rot in hell Mizzy, Ect" And have a Quest where you have to kill the ghost of vult-r lol.

I've mentioned above that i want NPCS made after players of the community. If you have a request to be a NPC or any ideas on what the quests should consist of im all ears.

Another thing i want to do is have a working Karma system. You'll get good or evil karma depending on if you complete the optional Good and evil quests scattered through out the world. 

An evil quest would prob have you kill friendly ciritzen NPCS and reward you with 100 evil karma (i think you need -1000 to be evil dont u? So you'd have to complete 10 karma quests to be good or evil.) And depending on if your good or evil you'll get karma based equipment and damage bonuses depending on what map your on. (exp: Evil players get an Att and Deff boost in evil/dark places like Hell, Graveyards, swamps ect. Good players get an Att and Deff boost on maps like Heaven, grasslands, beaches, ect.) Idk im still thinking about how i would do that, i deffinatly need a programmer lol.

_Pubs_

*I need a programmer*

Pubs in karmageddon are different from normal pubs in other servers, pubs in karmageddon have monster arenas.

I worked on EOA with Achievements a long time ago and he made a command where all the monsters on the map would start attacking eachother and eventually kill one another. I thought it'd be an interesting idea to  make it a daily quest: two monsters spawn every 10 minutes to fight eachother, you talk to "Pub bob" to bet on what monster you think will win,  and when the monster dies you are either rewarded or lose gold.

Thats about all there is to tell about this project rite now. So if you wanna be apart of if just comment below or pm me. Thanks for reading guys. :D

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196702 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon

I honestly never read the Treos thread. But, I have to say the ideas that you have in place are great. If you get enough people on board I do not mind hosting for you still as I promised. Good luck! I think it could be made into a fun little server with the right developers.

---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196703 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
jimmy posted: (1st Jun 2015, 03:24 pm)

I honestly never read the Treos thread. But, I have to say the ideas that you have in place are great. If you get enough people on board I do not mind hosting for you still as I promised. Good luck! I think it could be made into a fun little server with the right developers.

Thanks alot jimmy! :D Yea hopefully ppl will be interested in it, if not oh well i tried xP
---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196704 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon

Let me know if you want to use or modify my client in any way for this. With an open-source client you could potentially do something with Karma or with elemental types of items that might make it more interesting.

The only game-breaking features that aren't added in so far are quests and skills, and I'm working on skills right now.

Either way I would love to have more people testing my client and this sounds like a really promising server idea.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196706 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
ethanmoffat posted: (1st Jun 2015, 04:13 pm)

Let me know if you want to use or modify my client in any way for this. With an open-source client you could potentially do something with Karma or with elemental types of items that might make it more interesting.

The only game-breaking features that aren't added in so far are quests and skills, and I'm working on skills right now.

Either way I would love to have more people testing my client and this sounds like a really promising server idea.

Holyshit o.o You'd give me a custom client?! Arent those like...rare to come by now? Thanks so much thats really awesome o_o im just very clueless on how to put everything together. 

---
exactly what you do!
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196707 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon

If you need any help I'm down. 

---
Eoserva.
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196709 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
Nerva posted: (1st Jun 2015, 05:27 pm)

If you need any help I'm down. 

:D!

I'll pm you with the maps i'll need/send examples.

---
exactly what you do!
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196711 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon

I like all your ideas, I wish you had more knowledge of eoserv and how to set up servers. Hopefully you can get a team that is willing to help you and your ideas come together.

---
http://www.ctronic.ga
http://www.tsu.co/Deltro
https://www.reverbnation.com/deltro9
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196713 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
Moonie posted: (1st Jun 2015, 05:06 pm)

ethanmoffat posted: (1st Jun 2015, 04:13 pm)

Holyshit o.o You'd give me a custom client?! Arent those like...rare to come by now? Thanks so much thats really awesome o_o im just very clueless on how to put everything together. 

It's an open-source client in development. In C#, I believe. It'll be available to anyone.

Also; I have been working on those armor for you, but at a very slow pace. I have other shit to do but I'll see what I can do about giving them to you whenever. Ofc, they won't be of Stava-quality, but I'm trying.
---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196716 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon

Thanks guys!

ffs i felt special for a second there! xD

@nurd thanks i really liked the royal suit remakes u made, u can tell stavas helping u :D

EDIT: i ment that in a good way!! that kinda sounded bitchy. 

---
exactly what you do!
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196742 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon

~First Post :D~

If you need a Server Hosting, I'm up for it ;)

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4402740886

8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196743 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
JetFox posted: (2nd Jun 2015, 04:44 am)

Since that's in idiot terms, I'll give the real numbers. 52.7 MBps download, 54.38 MBps upload. Not sure why yours posted in megabits. 

And I imagine that's a campus network, since the college I go to gets ~ 70 MBps both ways at maximum speed, but only averages like 10 - 15 MBps

---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196744 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
Misca posted: (2nd Jun 2015, 04:50 am)

Since that's in idiot terms, I'll give the real numbers. 52.7 MBps download, 54.38 MBps upload. Not sure why yours posted in megabits. 

And I imagine that's a campus network, since the college I go to gets ~ 70 MBps both ways at maximum speed, but only averages like 10 - 15 MBps

Not a campus network, the other 30-50 is being used for another 12 Arma 3 Servers being hosted.
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196745 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
JetFox posted: (2nd Jun 2015, 04:58 am)

Not a campus network, the other 30-50 is being used for another 12 Arma 3 Servers being hosted.

In which you would be paying well over $200 a month for internet speeds that fast if you are telling the truth. 100 Mbps (Not MBps) goes from anywhere around $30 to $60 per month from what I've seen, and you're talking about a number over four times that amount.
---
Former multi-server mapper.
8 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #196746 Re: Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon
Misca posted: (2nd Jun 2015, 05:02 am)

JetFox posted: (2nd Jun 2015, 04:58 am)

In which you would be paying well over $200 a month for internet speeds that fast if you are telling the truth. 100 Mbps (Not MBps) goes from anywhere around $30 to $60 per month from what I've seen, and you're talking about a number over four times that amount.

May want to check volumedrives prices, Its $49.99 (without a windows license) for 30 TB's of data on 1 Gbps Burst Port, and I cant find a proper speedtest server to ping to get the max speeds

edit: forgot its another product of volumedrive: http://www.quadix.co/

8 years, 47 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Server Ideas: Project Karmageddon