EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking For A Team
Page: << 1 >>
Looking For A Team
Post #196168 Looking For A Team

Hey guys, I know a lot of people talk about this stuff but don't actually do it. I see a lot of people talk about there servers about how they wanna go far and do good in the future, and have all these amazing ideas and don't do anything with them, or I see people start servers and don't complete them because they're not motivated. Well I don't wanna be like that, but I'm looking to start a server and looking for a team.

In this server I want a lot of custom things. I hope to have a custom GUI, eventually get all custom items, and more. In this server I was hoping to have custom events, custom things that can be linked to the website, all custom maps, a lot of quests, and more.

I'm motivated, I'm not that person that will stop and quit, once I put my mind to it I'm determined to do it until it's done and complete (Well it will never be "Complete" always things to add/release). 

I am currently looking for a team as said above, I am looking for people that are dedicated on helping me out during this project and becoming apart of my team. I am hiring the following:

• Programmers
  • Pixel Artists
  • Mappers
  • Quest Writers
  • In-game Moderators
Couple things about my server:
  • It's not released, won't be until it is ready to be. This includes a custom GUI, 200-300 custom maps to start off with, quests, stores, crafts, and more
  • It will be hosted off of a VPS when it gets released
  • Will have DDOS protection when I get a decent amount of people
If you would like to be apart of my team, please inbox me for further details.

Note: I respect the people that have created a server and is still up and running

9 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #196169 Re: Looking For A Team

If I were you I wouldn't waste my time writing this ,no offence but no matter how you tired hard you won't beat these servers running from 6 years actually you will face the problem that they are trying to compensate which is the need of a new client you said you want custom weapons do you know that you can have 3 bows in the orginal client face that.if I were you I would wait for one of the under ground clients to be done.

---
Remember when is not an organization nor a fucking group , it's simply an idea that we believe in
and live for.
The priority of Remember when should come before oxygen , as oxygen is cosmetic even life itself is
cosmetic,that's why offer our worthless lives to The "Remember when"
9 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #196171 Re: Looking For A Team

I never said I wanna beat these servers. But why can't we try? It's possible, and I give props to the server owners now a days still working on them.

9 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #196188 Re: Looking For A Team
weedindeed posted: (14th Nov 2014, 07:42 pm)

If I were you I wouldn't waste my time writing this ,no offence but no matter how you tired hard you won't beat these servers running from 6 years actually you will face the problem that they are trying to compensate which is the need of a new client you said you want custom weapons do you know that you can have 3 bows in the orginal client face that.if I were you I would wait for one of the under ground clients to be done.

Are people working really hard on these clients? Or are they slacking like most of EOSERV community? I think once these 'underground clients' are completed it will be revolutionary for EOSERV and will create the opportunity to add lots of super cool features to EO that we've never seen before. I think it would also attract many more people who have never heard of EO before.

@Camoufllage If you aim towards making a unique server, and put all of your effort into it as in always editing it, adding new things, advertising, etc. then it is definitely possible for your server to become popular compared to most EO servers. I'm not too sure what kind of advertising methods FE, EE, BU, EO, etc. have used, but for some reason I feel like it's not very efficient, and I feel like we can do a lot better! That being said; I have no idea how the copyright works with EO and EOSERV, and I don't know how far we can go with the client and server software as in adding more features and editing it? Would developing a 100% new client mean it's its own game now? Would it still be inspired by EO in terms of graphics, GUI, and gameplay? Oh, and who exactly are creating these clients? I've seen a thread before about it but I forget the name of it, can you tell me? 

I think when you put in lots of effort, you can see a good outcome. The popular servers are alright, but they could be a lot better! An adventurous and fun server with around 100+ unique map isn't very difficult to achieve, yeah you'll need a couple of talented mappers and a lot of the maps will be drafts for a while, but eventually all of the maps will be complete with the whole gameplay of the server setup and will be ready for people to play. And if you're lucky, the developers know how to create a truly unique and fun to play server, so then it will be very possible to attract lots of new players if you know what you're doing.

---
Don't worry, be happy.-Bobby McFerrin
9 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #196190 Re: Looking For A Team
Oxygen posted: (10th Dec 2014, 05:28 pm)

Are people working really hard on these clients? Or are they slacking like most of EOSERV community? I think once these 'underground clients' are completed it will be revolutionary for EOSERV and will create the opportunity to add lots of super cool features to EO that we've never seen before. I think it would also attract many more people who have never heard of EO before.

@Camoufllage If you aim towards making a unique server, and put all of your effort into it as in always editing it, adding new things, advertising, etc. then it is definitely possible for your server to become popular compared to most EO servers. I'm not too sure what kind of advertising methods FE, EE, BU, EO, etc. have used, but for some reason I feel like it's not very efficient, and I feel like we can do a lot better! That being said; I have no idea how the copyright works with EO and EOSERV, and I don't know how far we can go with the client and server software as in adding more features and editing it? Would developing a 100% new client mean it's its own game now? Would it still be inspired by EO in terms of graphics, GUI, and gameplay? Oh, and who exactly are creating these clients? I've seen a thread before about it but I forget the name of it, can you tell me? 

I think when you put in lots of effort, you can see a good outcome. The popular servers are alright, but they could be a lot better! An adventurous and fun server with around 100+ unique map isn't very difficult to achieve, yeah you'll need a couple of talented mappers and a lot of the maps will be drafts for a while, but eventually all of the maps will be complete with the whole gameplay of the server setup and will be ready for people to play. And if you're lucky, the developers know how to create a truly unique and fun to play server, so then it will be very possible to attract lots of new players if you know what you're doing.

theres a few still working on clients.

but wow theres so much to code.

WASD/ left shift keys =control a pet or another player with main chair.. :) ZXC hotkeys player/pet maybe?

thought about a toggle player but tryng to move two at once might make a nice addition?

@camo

What can you add to the server project? i see your looking for almost everyone. but the vps.

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
9 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #196191 Re: Looking For A Team
make posted: (14th Dec 2014, 08:59 am)

Oxygen posted: (10th Dec 2014, 05:28 pm)

theres a few still working on clients.

but wow theres so much to code.

WASD/ left shift keys =control a pet or another player with main chair.. :) ZXC hotkeys player/pet maybe?

thought about a toggle player but tryng to move two at once might make a nice addition?

@camo

What can you add to the server project? i see your looking for almost everyone. but the vps.

Kind of like this? :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xqzcL6-NoM
9 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #196730 Re: Looking For A Team

i would suggest forgoing standard EO graphics if you want to be successful.and no i don't mean replacing 1 or 2 things or just chucking in extra's on top of existing things i mean a complete graphics overhaul.this might sound insane to ask some one to do but if you hire in 2 or 3 different artists and assign them to a certain job
like this :

1. GUI's (this is probably the easiest thing to make out of all the things inside the client)
  2. Sprites(this includes players npcs and monsters)
  3. Hair (i singled this out because with a custom sprite you have to redo all of them and its a HUGE and tedious undertaking in it self)
  4. Clothing/paperdoll/ items (this is the most commonly done thing amongst the artists in the EOServ community  and probably would have a lot of offers)
  5. weapons (i separated this from the paperdoll items for a specific reason.if you want quality work you don't want to overload the artists)
  6. tiles and walls (having the same artist do the tiles and walls will create a consistent look which is important)
  7. Map items*trees bushes chairs*(this is different from tiles and walls as there is a lot more work put into them especially chairs having 2 pieces)
  8. Miscellaneous (this is your go to guy the one who makes spells graphics the character art in the gui's shadows and edits to existing work that has something off about it)
    or you could go the BU route and have everything under the sun tossed in even if it looks like a pixel collage
---
Graphic Artist/pixel artist
( = ̄ェ ̄= )ノ "A Good person can make your day but a bad person can ruin your life~"
8 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Looking For A Team