EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Problem with my server... Help please
Page: << 1 >>
Problem with my server... Help please
Post #195748 Problem with my server... Help please

Basically whenever people go into most ( not all ) of the maps on my server the whole map is just blacked out, any idea how to fix it?? I tried loading default pubs too and that didn't work. :/

9 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #195749 Re: Problem with my server... Help please

did you release any GFX patches? did you use unknown tiles in any of the maps? are they custom maps or game maps? (There was an unknown tile on map 192? the ice one that would trigger the whole map to go black if it was edited in a specific way.)

Did you modify the eoserv source?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
9 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #195752 Re: Problem with my server... Help please

All my maps are custom numbered from 2-29 and I have one map numbered 88 for some reason.

Anyway it's always been fine I have used no custom GFX yet I did just add map 28 which is my hell map and along with that map I added hell guardian and apozen with a few modified stats in the pub. Added apozen and hell guardian eggs too. I've added over 30 eggs to met server without any problems so I doubt I made a stupid mistake in the eggs.

I have tried loading the server with default pubs and it is still loading black screens and I've used no custom tiles.

9 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #195753 Re: Problem with my server... Help please

i can think of few things.

a eof item

or a gfx id thats not there in the gfx but called on the map.

glitching the map with outdated map editor

or map to large to send to client from server "over 54k" i think.

---
Think Outside The Box.

..............Skids in my Undies........
...............Cut And Paste............
9 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #195754 Re: Problem with my server... Help please

Ok the other day I did accidently click to edit my EOF item which is always located at the bottom of the pub files. Edited it because i didn't pay attention that I wasn't editing the "new item" as soon as i noticed i checked a default EOF from another set of pub files and set it back as the EOF?? Is this the problem? if so how do i fix it?

9 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #195755 Re: Problem with my server... Help please

Try adding an extra item to the pub, that should make another eof.

9 years, 40 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Problem with my server... Help please