EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Basic server setup.
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 >>
Basic server setup.
Post #831 Basic server setup.

This doesn't go into CONF details whatsoever, but I thought I would share a basic setup that doesn't require you to download a full Mysql install for the web interface, and it is much easier to configure for newbs o_0 (Personally, Apache ftw..But meh)

Download this server, it uses the PHP5 DLL:

http://www.zachsaw.co.cc/downloads/quickphp_webserver.zip

And download this extension, it adds basic Mysql support (enough for the web panel)

http://www.zachsaw.co.cc/downloads/php_ext_mysql_dll.zip

Extract the web server, and then extract the mysql extension in the same folder the web servers EXE is located in.

This server is amazingly simplistic, and if you can't figure out how to configure this, you should just give up. o_0

15 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #839 Re: Basic server setup.

i doubt this would work, idk what function this has but it sounds like yours using a completely different sql database for your web, if you use this then whats the point.... your web CP is supposed to gather information from your current eoserv database not get from a whole new one......
15 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #911 Re: Basic server setup.

Whaaaatttt? This is for people setting up a new EOserv, it is a basic server setup they could use for the Mysql/PHP requirements of the CP.

And uh, it does work, I helped Arcitex setup his webcp using this configuration.

15 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #917 Re: Basic server setup.

Stephx, I wouldn't question Erk, if I were you. Erk is very smart. xD

15 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #923 Re: Basic server setup.

i dint question him i just said. anyways whats the point of this just do it normally that way there is no, confusion, all this will do is confuse the newbies. Anyways if someone cant follow such simple instructions as, download mysql, heidisql, and eoserv 3.0 then install accordingly, they dotn deserve to run a server.

15 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #933 Re: Basic server setup.

This is useless delete this junk. I don't think people are this stupid.

15 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #968 Re: Basic server setup.

It's good if you want to host a basic website, such as your wep CP off your computer, and don't feel like setting up a more professional web server.

15 years, 7 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Basic server setup.